Sr. Backend Software Engineer - Integrations & Developer Experience (Edinburgh)
Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 850 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data-driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s tech and data platform to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
*Marketplace and brokerage services provided by Acervus Securities, Inc., an SEC registered broker‑dealer and member FINRA / SIPC.
We are looking for an experienced and team-oriented senior software engineer to progress our company’s vision of simple and powerful integrations. Contributing as a core member of the Integrations team, you’ll help develop some of our most exciting architectural and no-code initiatives to transform our suite of public-facing APIs (https://developers.addepar.com) and integrations (https://integrations.addepar.com) into a powerful network of flexible connections. This role will have you working closely with partners and contributors from across the organisation.
What You’ll Do
- Problem-solve with engineers, product, and design to develop faster, forward-thinking solutions for our clients
- Drive technical direction of projects by taking business objectives and working with the team to define scalable solutions
- Provide mentorship and guidance for junior developers on the team.
- Promote engineering processes and principles to ensure that we build extensible solutions with high-quality, maintainable code.
Who You Are
- Proven experience as a software engineer using an object-oriented language, preferably Java.
- Worked on cloud-based infrastructures, and have some web-based front-end experience.
- Collaborated and set expectations for key stakeholders throughout the development and delivery of a project.
- Strong sense of ownership, and enjoy taking ideas from inception to production.
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?