Sr. Backend Software Engineer - Operating Platform (Edinburgh)
Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 850 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data-driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s tech and data platform to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
*Marketplace and brokerage services provided by Acervus Securities, Inc., an SEC registered broker‑dealer and member FINRA / SIPC.
We are currently seeking an Sr. Backend Software Engineer to join our Operating Platform team. This team solves critical issues for the organisation, setting the frameworks, standards and owning the shared services which are highly performant, helping deliver customer-facing applications. As a member of the team you will design, implement, and roll out systems instrumental in Addepar's growth and global expansion.
What You’ll Do
- Drive software delivery and improve engineering processes
- Collaborate cross functionally with product owners designers, programme managers and other Engineering leads to deliver impactful business outcomes for our clients
- Work on Distributed systems (microservices, sharded computations), inter-process messaging and coordination (Kafka, Zookeeper, service meshes like Istio), observability (distributed tracing, logging, performance and application monitoring) build systems, test systems, cloud-native deployment suites
- Help create Identity and Access Management Platform, Understand the current user profiles and come up with authentication solution with OAuth 2.0, OIDC. Evaluate and build scalable authorisation solution leveraging open source authorisation systems
Who You Are
- High proficiency in object-oriented languages such as Java/a scripting language such as Python
- Experience with building and securing access to REST APIs
- You have experience with running containerised applications such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Worked with cloud provider-hosted infrastructure and platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Proficient in service oriented architecture and knowledge of distributed systems
- You enjoy building solutions that enable other developers to create new software products.
- You are passionate about secure, performant, and reliable system architecture.
- Experience with relational and non-relational datastores
- A strong, hands-on technical approach
- Ability to drive delivery within goal-setting frameworks such as OKRs; to build iterative solutions and respond to client feedback
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?