Sr. Technical Support Operations & Support Engineer II (R-100075) Remote - Pune, India
Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 850 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data-driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s tech and data platform to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
We are Addepar's Technical Operations & Support team! We support and help implement Addepar's cloud-based platform infrastructure, deployment tools, and internal systems. We are responsible for ensuring smooth operations during EMEA and APAC support hours. We play a key role in incident and critical issue response management and support, provide clear communications to executives and key partners, and collaborate with our colleagues to improve our internal processes.
We’re looking for a teammate with excellent problem-solving skills who is comfortable working under pressure, occasionally as a solo first responder.
What You’ll Do
Managing Incidents and Critical Issues
Uptime is our goal! Our team monitors our systems, acknowledging and taking action on business/service-impacting alerts and declared incidents. You'll work with us to maintain 24x7 primary and secondary Incident Management coverage for production services. To do so, you will take shifts providing Primary or Secondary Incident Commander support, including managing conference calls and multi-team chat channels during incident response. You will collaborate with internal teams to design and improve incident triage processes and responses, including tracking, coordination, resource assignment, communications, and transitioning active incident responsibility to supporting product engineering teams.
Once the incident is resolved, you'll drive us to improve by scheduling, coordinating, and facilitating post-incident activities, including Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Corrective and Preventive Action Plans (CAPA) and other Problem Management activities as needed. You'll track and follow up on action items that arise, collecting data for our monthly metrics. Finally, you'll help us deliver Incident Commander training and coaching for our engineers!
On-call and Off-hours Support (Non-Incident Critical issue Responsibilities):
- Share responsibilities for night-time/weekend On-Call Operations support with your team
- Respond to and take actions on critical system alerts and pages, blocking issues and notifications according to established service level agreements
- Perform platform support, make process controlled changes and carry out pre-scheduled task / batch jobs as needed
Ticketing Support and Administrative Responsibilities:
- Monitor, maintain and track all work incoming to our support queues
- Monitor tickets for timely response and communicate to owners
- Ensure smooth ticket workflow by verifying all detail requirements are included on submitted requests
- Raise and own customer business needs, if special requests affect delivery of scheduled work.
- Respond to submitted work/trouble tickets and follow standardized runbook/work instructions as defined to complete work requests such as:
- Run or Re-Run of Software Pull Requests
- User Access and permission management (Including On/Offboarding users)
- Proper maintenance of alerting logs and records for administrative hygiene
- Participate in collecting and capturing data for monthly metrics reporting
- Deploying new non-prod environments
- Perform and report on monthly data backup/snapshot capacity and retention checks
Who You Are
We are a small, motivated and skilled group of engineers who keep Addepar running. We share key skills and talents that make us successful. What about you? Do you have:
- 2+ years of experience with Major Incident Management, Program Management or related Incident Command processes
- Experience working as part of global teams with measurable impact
- Excellent written, verbal and chat-based communication skills
- A tendency to remain composed, methodical, and to think fast in a high-pressure environment
- Experience with determining and collecting incident process metrics such as MTTA/MTTR (Mean Time to Acknowledge / Resolve)
- The ability to appropriately prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously as a detailed oriented and highly organized teammate
- Experience providing 24x7 support with a team
- Experience as an operations engineer for systems or infrastructure management environments (as a plus)
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.