Senior Compliance Specialist
About The Job:
As a Senior Compliance Specialist at Airbase, you will join the Risk Management Department at Airbase and will be responsible for ensuring company-wide compliance with all applicable US regulatory requirements for banks and fintech companies. You will work with various internal stakeholders, partners, and customers to understand the compliance risks facing Airbase, particularly in the areas of ACH, card transactions, and wire transactions, as well as data security and privacy. A significant component of this role is the operation and enforcement of our Anti-Money Laundering (AML) program. This person will have a strong understanding of KYC/KYB processes and procedures focused on the regulatory landscape and compliance requirements; with emphasis on applicable BSA/AML requirements including customer identification procedures, beneficial ownership (FinCEN 31 CFR / CDD rule), due diligence best practices, sanction screening requirements, and anti-money laundering protocols. This role will report to the General Counsel and partner cross-functionally to drive new initiatives across the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and manage an effective legal compliance program.
- Establish and enforce control systems to prevent or address violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the efficiency of controls.
- Regularly review procedures, reports etc. to identify hidden risks or non-compliance issues.
- Collaborate with departments across the company to foster a culture of compliance within Airbase.
- Analyze company initiatives and procedures for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Promptly respond to ad hoc compliance inquiries and issues.
- Ensure the company's activities adhere to AML policies and procedures.
- Provide compliance and AML training to other team members and employees.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies when required.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures applicable to the team, including iterating on existing workflows to streamline and add efficiency.
- Liaise with all relevant partner financial institutions to understand compliance requirements, processes, and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on regulatory changes and landscape.
- Conducting employee training around BSA/AML and supporting relevant certifications and audits.
What You'll Bring:
- Previous experience as a Compliance Officer or Compliance Specialist, preferably in a fintech or banking environment dealing with the United States market and associated regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry processes and regulations.
- Familiarity with ACH transactions, card transactions, and wires, both international and domestic.
- Strong understanding of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) principles, KYC and due diligence procedures.
- Experience with cross-border financial services compliance, specifically with Canada, UK, and/or EU jurisdictions.
- Experience with sanctions screening tools and processes
- High moral standards with the ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to translate complex legal language into comprehensible and actionable information.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to manage complex legal and regulatory information.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Experience with money transmitter & money services business compliance operations is a nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
- Availability during U.S. business hours (8AM - 5PM Pacific Time).
We offer competitive cash compensation and equity. We're a remote team and are happy to work with candidates from anywhere in the world.