Sales Development Rep (SDR)
About this Opportunity
A Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for generating and qualifying leads for the sales team.
An SDR’s primary objective is to book meetings with potential customers and initiate the early stages of the sales process.
Qualifying Leads: SDRs at Atrium engage with leads after they come inbound and qualify them and/or book a meeting with them. SDRs are responsible for making sure inbound leads fit our ideal customer profile (ICP). Essentially, it’s the SDR’s job to ensure we only meet with people and companies that we can sell to.
SDRs ask qualifying questions to assess the fit between the prospect's requirements and the company's offerings and handle objections when they arise. They gather information about the prospect's pain points and business needs to provide tailored solutions.
Collaboration with Sales Team: SDRs work closely with the sales team, sharing insights and feedback gained from interactions with prospects. They collaborate on lead handoffs, ensuring a smooth transition from the SDR to the Account Executive responsible for closing the deal.
Salesforce Management: SDRs maintain accurate and up-to-date records of leads and activities in the customer relationship management (CRM) system. They track interactions, update contact information, and document important details to enable effective follow-ups and future analysis.
Continuous Learning: SDRs stay updated on industry trends, product knowledge, and sales techniques. They actively participate in training sessions, sales meetings, and professional development opportunities to enhance their skills and expertise.
Overall, the goal of an SDR is to create a pipeline of qualified leads, engage prospects, and set the stage for successful sales conversions by efficiently transitioning prospects to the sales team.
We're looking for someone who...
- Definitely wants a career in sales, customer experience, or marketing
- Has at least one year of “professional” full-time job experience (recruiting experience would be a plus)
- Has worked in the hospitality, service, or retail industries - i.e. knows how to be an individual contributor and work hard
- Ideally, has sold something at some point in their life (a good, service, cause, etc.)
- Must be able to travel to the U.S.
Must Have Skills
Our main priority for this role is finding someone who is...
- Fluent in English (business-level proficiency)
- Available to work Pacific time zone hours
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized
- An A+ communicator
Must Have Personality Traits
We also care about finding someone who...
- Is naturally curious and loves being coached to improve
- Is extroverted and loves making small talk
- Doesn't shy away from hard work
- Isn't scared of rejection
- Enjoys learning new things
- Cares about being a team player
Atrium is a sales effectiveness platform that helps Sales and Revenue Operations Leaders create and advance their best-case pipeline.
We are still early enough that the Atrium sales development “motion” is a work in progress - so you will be helping to analyze, refine, and document that for future SDRs.
The product is fantastic and engenders wildly happy customers.
We are backed by blue chip investors who know about creating new categories of software - Craft Ventures, CRV, Bonfire Ventures, Bullpen Capital, First Round Capital.
Even cooler - we have north of 100 GTM leaders on our cap table - a mix of customers and GTM community members who believe in our vision and want us to succeed.
What Atrium Offers
- Strong Start-up equity
- Awesome office in San Francisco
- 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental and family leave
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Killer desk setup at work and at home
Atrium will not sponsor a U.S. work visa.
We're requesting this person to be based in San Francisco, California or Vancouver, Canada.