City Manager - Marseille
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The City Manager role is a key role within Birds’ Operations. The City Manager will work with our General Manager to ensure top performing and compliant operations in his/her region, and tackle key projects that will be instrumental in driving our business forward. The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills and ability to dive deep into the details, excellent time- management and organizational habits to ensure high quality results. Lastly, should have the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in
- Manage the end-to-end local operation, with support from the Operations leadership team
- Manage performance and efficiency: track and report critical supply and demand metrics.
- Build strong relationships with a portfolio of logistics partners and city partners through consistent outreach, communication, and proactive support
- Collect feedback from our partner portfolio, understand their pain points and bottlenecks and translate those into process improvements to help them succeed.
- Maximize revenue per partner at an optimized operational cost by recommending terminations, and determining / executing strategies to drive FM metric improvement.
- Work closely with the Government Relations team at Bird and the city representatives to match city expectations. You will be Bird main of point of contact for the city administration
- Communicate across the organization to ensure timely resolutions, quality control, and process feedback
- Be part of the Bird culture - build a fun, inclusive, and safe workplace
- Must be located in Marseille
- 5+ years of relevant experience within operations or equivalent roles
- Self-motivated, energetic with the ability to learn new skills and solve a variety of problems
- Excellent communicator capable of building & motivating a portfolio of partners
- Excels at building networks and liaising with external partners and city stakeholders
- Familiarity with bringing multiple parties on board and project managing cross-functional efforts.
- Ability to simplify difficult problems into actionable and solvable tasks
- Data-driven by nature, strong attention to detail, and obsessed with process improvement - Excel/Google Sheets fluency required.
- Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge, plus a resource to help you switch off. We also offer a work from home stipend and Bird ride credits to get you where you need to be.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Something looks off?