Sr. Account Manager
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
This position is responsible for driving the business forward managing a book of business team delivering on both city account management for our largest cities as well as managing 15 important longtail markets. This position works with the sales org as a team to focus the team on action plans and goals that cut through the noise inherent in the government process, focusing the team on what needs to get done.
This position will be responsible for the team responsible for scooter retention in the Central and Southwestern United States as well as the maintenance of current accounts in the CentralSouthwest US responsible for ~22MM of Bird's projected revenue in the US. This position will expect this team to retain slots next year allowing Bird to deploy ~5,000 net slots in the Central/Southwestern US.
- Responsible for scooter slot retention in the Central/Southwestern United States responsible for ~22MM of Bird's projected revenue in the US. This position will expect this team to retain and win slots next year allowing Bird to deploy 5,000 net slots in the territory.
- 5+ progressive experience in Sales, Account Management or Government Relations, preferably all three
- Ability to build, and/or strengthen relationships with city officials of key cities
- Ability to train others to build, and/or strengthen relationships with city officials of key cities
- Strategic ability to build processes that do not rely on third parties to build relationships with key city stakeholders allowing Bird to internalize relationship building and management
- Collaborate cross functionally to ensure that Bird fulfills all obligations required by the cities and ensure that the company remains responsive to local concerns as they emerge
- Build close relationships with Bird’s local General Manager(s) and local operations teams to identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities to improve policy
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Precise, empathetic communication skills in both 1:1 and company-level settings
- Strong cross-functional relationships with product, operations and PR teams in past roles
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Something looks off?