Sr. Software Engineer (iOS)
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a specialty in iOS development to join our dynamic and innovative software engineering team. As a crucial member of our team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our iOS application to ensure it is of the highest quality and meets the needs of our users. This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology that is revolutionizing micro-mobility.
- Design, develop, and maintain high-quality iOS applications for our riders and operators
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment of iOS applications with business requirements and user needs
- Lead the development of new features and enhancements to existing applications
- Identify and address technical debt and performance issues in the iOS codebase
- Participate in code reviews and ensure code quality and consistency
- Develop and implement unit and integration tests to ensure application functionality and quality
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, technologies, and frameworks in iOS development
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other engineers on the team
- Help establish and maintain engineering best practices, standards, and processes
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in iOS development
- Strong proficiency in Swift and Objective-C
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as UIKit, CoreData, and CoreAnimation
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs, including RESTful web services and JSON
- Solid understanding of software design principles and patterns
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Experience functional and reactive programming
- Experience with Bluetooth
- Experience with MapKit
- Experience IOT devices
- Experience code driven layout
- Experience with payment platforms
- Experience developing iOS applications using SwiftUI
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as XCTest and Espresso
- Experience with Git and source control management
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Something looks off?