Fleet Technicians - Birdwatchers - LA/Santa Monica
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award-winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 400 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Who is Bird
Bird’s cleaner, affordable, and on-demand mobility solutions are available in more than 400 cities globally. We take a collaborative, community-first approach to micromobility. Bird partners closely with the cities in which it operates to provide a reliable and affordable transportation option for people who live and work there.
Fleet Technicians (Birdwatchers) are passionate about making cities easier to navigate. This team works closely with technology to monitor, rebalance, and maintain our vehicles in the field to ensure a safe, available ride is always nearby. It is a dynamic role that offers a breadth of activities and responsibilities that shift based on the fluid needs of each city we serve. This role is key to helping grow and maintain our fleet and directly impacts millions of riders who rely on our service.
Utilize your personal vehicle as the primary mode of transportation for fulfilling job-related tasks and assignments to pick up 311 scooter violations around the Los Angeles area.
- Maintain accurate records of mileage trip details to submit expenses for reimbursement.
- Adhere to company policies, local traffic laws, and any applicable regulations while driving for work purposes.
- Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained, including regular maintenance and adherence to safety regulations.
- Work with local operation teammates to ensure vehicles are distributed throughout the city in the right places at the right times for riders
- Patrol service areas and inspect and identify vehicles that are in need of repair and maintenance
- Use technology and software to log fleet activity and data that will help optimize fleet performance
- Operate e-trikes or e-scooters to move and monitor Bird’s fleet
- Collect and rebalance vehicles gathered at popular destination points
- Move improperly parked vehicles back to suggested parking areas
- Perform light field repairs and field diagnostics to aid in upkeep of the fleet
- Collaborate with other teammates as well as work autonomously
- Passion for Bird and working in a high growth environment
- A smartphone and comfort using technology
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass motor vehicle record check preferred
- Reliable Vehicle: own and maintain a reliable and insured personal vehicle that is suitable for work-related activities.
- Ability to use basic hand tools and lift 40 pounds up to 3 feet of the ground
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Flexible availability and willingness to regularly work on weekends
- Ability to be both self-directed and work well in a team environment
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge, plus a wellness resource to help you wind down. We also offer an employer paid healthcare package, pet insurance, and Bird ride credits to get you where you need to be.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more, Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.