Operations Specialist PT - San Marcos, TX
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award-winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 400 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Who is Bird
Bird’s cleaner, affordable, and on-demand mobility solutions are available in more than 400 cities globally. We take a collaborative, community-first approach to micromobility. Bird partners closely with the cities in which it operates to provide a reliable and affordable transportation option for people who live and work there.
- Safely load, unload, drive, & operate a company vehicle following mobile app-guided destinations
- Support operations and logistics with fleet deployment in vans, staging in the warehouse, and collection of scooters from the field
- Relocate scooters from low to high-demand areas in a timely fashion
- Regular quality and performance checks on scooters and company vehicles
- Basic scooter diagnostics, follow company procedures to identify necessary repairs on damaged or malfunctioning scooters
- Disinfect, clean, and prepare scooters to ensure a safe and enjoyable rider experience
- Ensure all docked and warehoused vehicles are charging according to Spin’s safety procedures
- Collaborate and communicate with team members to accomplish shift goals in person and via mobile app.
- Participate in quality assurance and testing for new product and feature releases
- A valid driver's license
- Must be 18 years or older with two years of driving experience
- A smartphone, and must be comfortable multitasking with mobile apps
- Ability to lift 80-90 lbs. (with or without accommodation)
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills; commitment & desire to work well with others
- Proficiency in English (firmly required)
- Ability to work multiple shifts, including weekends
- Proactive, communicative orientation and collaboration style
- Familiarity with local streets and neighborhoods
- Previous related experience, such as delivery, rideshare, or warehouse inventory work
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge, plus a wellness resource to help you wind down. We also offer a work-from-home stipend, an employer-paid healthcare package, and Bird ride credits to get you where you need to be.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.