Director of Engineering
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, the leading global stablecoin for Bitcoin. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 1500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for an experienced Director of Engineering who will lead our India Engineering division to support and expand our custodial services and scale our engineering presence in the country. Areas of responsibility span the entire BitGo product surface area. This is not a hands-on coding role, but the Director of Engineering is expected to have a technical understanding of the work of the team.
- Be accountable for the success of all engineering initiatives threading through the Bangalore office
- Coach engineering managers to grow the next generation of senior engineering leaders at BitGo.
- Actively foster an engineering-wide culture that embodies our values of open communication, collaboration, accountability, craftsmanship, and a client first approach.
- Create and execute a hiring plan to scale the team from 15 engineers to 75 engineers.
- Collaborate with local peers in other functions including the People team to set regional policies appropriate for the growing scale of the India office.
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- 14+ years of professional experience in software engineering, 8+ years in a managerial role, 4+ years in a role leading managers, with an organization size of 75+ engineers.
- Experience in crypto, professional or personal, or an interest in the same.
- Experience successfully onboarding onto a new organization as a senior engineering leader.
- Demonstrated experience rapidly scaling engineering teams.
- Track record of sourcing and hiring top engineering talent, including managerial talent.
- Demonstrated history of operating successfully with teams in other time zones, including in Europe and North America.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of open communication, collaboration, accountability, craftsmanship, and a client first approach. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive salary
- Meal & Commute allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Hybrid working model
- IT equipment support for work
- Great/Talented workforce to learn and grow with
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed finance.