Fund Operations Associate
Bitwise Asset Management
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
It’s not very often that a new asset class is born. But that’s exactly what we’re witnessing today with the rise of crypto.
Over just the last four years, crypto has evolved from an embryonic $50B market to a young-but-growing $1+ trillion market today. At Bitwise, we think it’s just getting started. In fact, we believe crypto has reached a turning point, and is headed north of $10T over the next few years. Along the way, we expect there to be risks, pitfalls, and uncertainty—much like there was during the rise of the Web, of cloud computing, and of apps. But we also expect there will be great opportunities, and millions of people wanting to participate in the potential upside.
Our goal at Bitwise is to help busy investors understand and access the opportunities emerging in the cryptocurrency asset class. We want all those who so desire to be able to come along for the ride in a secure and simple manner, and to be able to benefit from the role crypto exposure can play in pursuing their investment objectives.
Today is an exciting moment for Bitwise as a firm. In 2021 we crossed $1B in AUM and are growing quickly with a suite of leading crypto index funds spanning large-cap crypto assets (ticker: BITW), DeFi, NFTs, Metaverse, and more to come. We also created the index behind the world’s first crypto industry equities ETF. We focus on serving investment professionals, like financial advisors, family offices, hedge funds, endowments, foundations, and others—the people entrusted to look after the capital and savings of individuals and institutions across the country. We provide education, partnership, and professionally managed investment products tailored to this group’s needs, to help them build their view, pick their strategy, and get their exposure.
Currently, Bitwise is a close-knit team of 60+ professionals. Think of us as a mix of an asset manager and a tech start-up. Our backgrounds combine technology expertise with decades of experience in asset management and indexing, coming from firms including BlackRock, Wealthfront, J.P. Morgan, IndexIQ, ETF.com, Blackstone, Meta, and Google, as well as the U.S. Attorney’s Office. We’re backed by some of the most accomplished investors in venture capital and veterans of the financial services world. We love working together, we love what we do, and we’re excited about what’s ahead.
We’re looking for an exceptional individual to join our team and take on important responsibilities to help Bitwise scale. You will report to the Operations Manager and will work with our internal systems, portfolio managers, accounting team, service providers, and existing systems to continuously deliver excellence on the core of what we do: supporting our professionally managed crypto investment products. You will own, improve, develop and create new operational processes, protocols, and procedures. You will have responsibility for carrying out settlement functions, reconciliations, transaction approvals, and developing additional capabilities. You will play a key role in supporting existing and new funds and in bringing novel, new and innovative products to market. There will be a lot to learn, a huge impact to be had, and some lifelong relationships to be built along the way.
What You Will Do
- Provide full support to Bitwise’s Portfolio Management and trading platform
- Maintain transaction data in internal systems
- Update and reconcile trading and allocation spreadsheets
- Understand context and execution of internal decisions
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement
- Coordinate with external parties to ensure settlement of all trades
- Support full processing of trades and resolve operational issues
- Work closely with investor relations, portfolio management, and trading teams
- Ensure operational processes are fully documented, tested and adequately supported
- Review Subscription Documents and other fund documentation on an ongoing basis
- Ensure Investor Accounts are properly maintained
- Process shareholder subscriptions and redemptions
- Review custodial changes and client transfers
- Verifying client wire instruction changes
- Work in a fast-paced environment with daily interactions across multiple business units
Who You Are
- You have at least 1-3 years of industry experience
- You have strong technical and analytical skills as well as exceptional communication skills
- You are outgoing, communicative, and have exceptional attention to detail
- You are self-motivated, flexible, team-oriented with fresh ideas and in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You have a knowledge of accounting and reconciliation of trades and settlements
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have the ability to juggle multiple priorities and responsibilities
- You have a nose for identifying operational risk and surfacing issues, then solving them
What We Offer
- Compensation: $80,000-$90,000 salary, + equity
- Equity compensation as a component of all offers
- Health insurance, including dental and vision plans
- Health, Dependent Care and Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-funded 401K plan, no matching required
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid company-wide holidays
- Office spaces in San Francisco and New York
- Meals and snacks provided in office
- Paid company cell phone or monthly stipend
- Bitwise “Buddy” Program (30 day new-hire success program)
- Annual birthday and anniversary gifts
- Company-wide events
Bitwise is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team of people with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. It is the policy of Bitwise to ensure equal opportunity. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
See more open positions at Bitwise Asset Management
Something looks off?