Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 9, 2022
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Responsible for the install, upgrade, repair and maintenance of electrical systems on construction sites, plant facilities and on machinery including tunnel boring machines.
- Install and wire complete power distribution equipment and panels, including transformers, breakers, outlets, motor controls, VFDs, relays and sensors.
- Install, connect and start-up equipment such as motors, pumps, fans, compressors, generators and industrial machines.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve electrical problems.
- Select materials and hardware for upgrades, installs, repairs and tasks to be performed.
- Perform time and materials estimates.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on systems, tools and equipment as needed.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience working as an electrician or in the electrical field.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience working as an electrician or in the electrical field.
- Experience working as a journeyman electrician.
- Strong knowledge of the national electrical codes and local codes
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to select materials and estimate jobs.
- Strong understanding of electrical circuits and wiring.
- Strong understanding of power distribution systems, transformers and load sizing.
- Experience installing conduit and running cable through conduit and trenches.
- Experience laying out components and building electrical panels.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and electrical blueprints.
- Ability to use various testing and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to work under aggressive deadlines.
- Knowledge of controls systems, motor controls and PLC systems.
- Knowledge of medium voltage distribution systems.
- Knowledge of IT, networks and security systems.
- Experience working as a contractor.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Reporting Location: Bastrop, Texas - Headquarters
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?