Accounting and Finance Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2022
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Coordinate with procurement, construction, and operations departments to confirm purchase approvals, invoice validity, and three-way match.
- Maintain continual communication and relationships with critical vendors, suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Resolve account discrepancies by investigating documentation and working with field engineers and operations associates.
- Develop scalable systems for project and services billing, as well as spend tracking and reconciliation.
- Provide support on tracking budget against actual spend on projects.
- Bachelors Degree.
- 2 years of experience in a finance or accounting role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or G Suite, particularly MS Excel or Google Sheets.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages such as NetSuite and Tipalti APHub.
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a variety of locations including construction sites.
- Ability to work with operational stakeholders and a diverse array of suppliers.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Masters Degree.
- Experience in an asset-heavy or field-based business, e.g., manufacturing, construction, transportation, etc.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to efficiently multitask and work within challenging deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, with little to no oversight, and as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills doubled with the ability to problem-solve accounting matters.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?