Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 2, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Implement an inventory management system to ensure the parts are never lost and don’t block production.
- Create material flow system to efficiently transfer material, parts and kits through production.
- Maintain master production schedule and release work orders to ensure timelines are met.
- Study part drawings to identify the optimal manufacturing method for each component before entering production. Estimate/track machine time for parts to improve resolution of schedule.
- Understand capabilities of each machine in the shop, provide feedback to design engineers to make parts faster, cheaper, and of higher-quality.
- Perform capacity analysis of the various shops, and make recommendations to increase production rate and implement improvements.
- Identify integration bottlenecks and implement process improvements to increase rate.
- Study supply chain and make recommendations for strategic in-sourcing.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, aerospace, mechatronics, or manufacturing engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an automotive, aerospace, or industrial manufacturing environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Machine shop skills (experience with CNC, multi-axis milling, turning machines etc)
- Experience supporting a production machine shop
- Design of hydraulic/pneumatic fixtures for unattended production processes
- Lean manufacturing training or experience
- CAD experience (NX & Teamcenter a plus)
- Experience with capacity modeling, process mapping and fault analysis
- Root cause analysis and corrective action experience
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) experience
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work.
- Willing to travel to job sites as required to commission & develop new designs, as well as troubleshoot and problem solve existing designs.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?