Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, February 3, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Manage and expand network interconnections, network co-location sites and points of presence (POPs)
- Maintain the uptime and performance of the ground network
- Improve network performance based upon system performance metrics
- Assist in updating system configuration and firmware
- Assist in negotiating technical aspects of supplier and service provider contracts
- 3+ years of professional hands on experience operating a service provider network
- Operational experience in a Linux production environment
- Experience with Python and/or bash scripting
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- Deep understanding of service provider networks including but not limited to:
- Connectivity (Ethernet, WDM, IPv4 and IPv6)
- Switching (MPLS, QinQ)
- Routing (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS)
- Subscriber Management (BNG, RADIUS/AAA, QoS, BSS/OSS integration)
- Network security and Anti-DDoS measures
- Internet services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.)
- Familiarity with network health monitoring systems such as Observium, Solarwinds or Nagios
- Experience with hands-on work in bringing up network infrastructure
- Experience creating documentation and procedures
- Ability to run projects independently
- Experience working on wireless networks
- Experience working on software defined networking (SDN) and/or network function virtualization (NFV)
- Cisco, Juniper or other industry certifications
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?