Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 1, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
The Safety Coordinator position plays an important role in overseeing the safety and well-being of TBC-The Boring Company employees. This role requires a strong and independent safety leader to drive compliance with TBC and OSHA standards and maintain a company culture that promotes and puts safety first. In this role you will manage many facets of safety and some facets of environmental standards. You will be responsible for identifying problems and quickly recommending and implementing solutions as well as responding to safety incidents as applicable. This role requires someone with phenomenal multi-tasking skills and a passion for creating and maintaining safe work environments.
- Identify and resolve safety risks in the facilities, equipment, and processes to ensure safe working conditions. Conduct daily safety walks.
- Coordinates and ensures environmental compliance.
- Create and publish training programs and materials to educate and inform the workforce on workplace safety, environmental safety, and injury and illness prevention.
- Deliver safety orientation to new-hires.
- Develop and implement safety plans.
- Distribute personal protective equipment (PPE) to employees.
- Investigate accidents and/or near misses to understand process/procedure/equipment failures.
- Develop and implement corrective action to ensure process/procedure/equipment failures don't happen again.
- Identify potential hazards and recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Log all safety incidents and maintain and publish this log in compliance with OSHA guidelines
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?