Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 13, 2020
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Welding assembly and fabrication on large scale structures and assemblies
- Effectively communicate with management/supervisors and engineering staff
- Modification, repair, assembly, and installation of the tunnel boring machine
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner
- Setup of safety equipment and work platforms at elevation
- Driving of general shop equipment (forklifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts, etc.)
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience welding steel
- 2+ years of experience with any of the following: tank fabrication, elevated steel structure fabrication, elevated work, sheet metal work
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings, blueprints, weld callouts and specifications
- Experience with overhead cranes and forklifts
- Experience in machining and fabrication proficiencies
- Vertical mill, holding tight tolerances and correct material setups
- Lathe, holding tight tolerances and correct material setups
- Various power tools such as drills, saws, and pneumatic die grinders, etc.
- Utilize proper tools for precision measuring
- Basic knowledge of inherent non-destructive evaluation (NDE) inspection methods and criteria including penetrant, visual, and x-ray testing
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, OneNote)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?