Human Resources Intern
People & HR
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
This paid internship will grant you the opportunity to explore many areas of HR such as recruiting, employee relations, training, workers compensation, benefits, compensation and payroll. On top of day-to-day tasks, you will also be responsible for independently managing the completion of two important projects that will be assigned to you at the start of your internship. Priority is given to students who have completed at least their sophomore year of college. Interns will be responsible for their own housing, food and transportation.
- Process HRIS transactions and complete I-9 verification for new employees.
- Greet candidates onsite, deliver tours, prepare hiring managers for interviews, ensure schedules are maintained.
- Facilitate the new-hire on-boarding process including generating offer letters, and processing background checks.
- Review resumes, schedule and conduct phone interviews, and make recommendations to hiring managers.
- Plan and organize events for employees.
- Assist with HR initiatives and projects.
- Create help guides, training and resource materials for employees.
- Shadow employee investigations and exit interviews.
- Shadow workers compensation administration.
- Review and respond to HR matters such as, but not limited to benefits, compensation, training, payroll, and employee relations.
- Audit time and attendance punches and approvals.
- Utilize tools such as search engines, job boards, LinkedIn Recruiter, and other social channels to source passive candidates.
- High school diploma or GED and currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a 4-year Bachelor's or Master's program at an accredited college or university
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Understanding of relevant legal guidelines and compliance associated with employment.
- Acute attention to detail and strong multitasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and with little direction.
- Ability to quickly and reasonably prioritize tasks.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate with internal/external customers, vendors, management etc. in both formal and informal situations.
- An analytical mindset that thrives on formulating strategy and presenting data.
- Highly organized with a strong sense of urgency.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?