Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Set or adjust the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch, depth and dimension.
- Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly tightened or constructed.
- Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, float and broom.
- Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
- Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- Clean chipped area, using a wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
- Signal/spot for operators/truck drivers.
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to the surface of concrete to cure, waterproof or restore surface.
- Operate/regulate both pneumatic and electric power vibrators to compact concrete.
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic/electric chisels, power grinders, or hand tools.
- Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill.
- Drill holes in construction materials
- Position structural components
- Break up rock, asphalt, or concrete
- Treat surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel.
- Prepare surfaces for finishing.
- Install masonry materials.
- Apply material to fill gaps in surfaces.
- Install anchor bolts and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete.
- Mix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing machine.
- High school diploma or GED required
Preferred Skills and Experience
- ACI Field Testing Technician - Grade 1 Certification
- 2+ years of experience mixing, placing and finishing concrete
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong multitasker with an acute sense of detail and superior ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?