Purchasing Intern (Fall 2023)
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
The Boring Company purchasing team is responsible for ensuring lowest product cost and risk through supplier management, strategic negotiations, spend analysis, and continuous process improvement. An intern joining this team would expect to gain first-hand experience analyzing supplier and spend data, communicating with suppliers, purchasing direct and/or indirect goods or services, and support of various projects like creating and implementing new processes.
- Help to develop efficient, cost-effective solutions to a variety of construction challenges.
- Assist with generating comprehensive cost estimates to drive decision making.
- Maintain strategic supplier relationships that exist with The Boring Company.
- Assist in development and implementation of purchasing systems and processes to improve company efficiency.
- Assist with executing purchase orders and handle purchases quickly and without error. Communicate order status to internal customers and coordinate delivery logistics.
- Aid in sourcing critical items, working directly with purchasing team and internal customers.
- Resolve invoice issues with suppliers to ensure vendor payment.
- Track and support rental equipment logistics such as delivery and returns of equipment in a timely manner.
- High School diploma or GED and currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a 4-year Bachelor's or Master's program from an accredited college or university.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Hands-on experience through lab research, project teams, prior internship or work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
- Intermediate skill level using Windows Operations Systems
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?