Field Electrical Engineering Technician
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2021
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Install, terminate, troubleshoot, and repair electrical and controls equipment and instrumentation for our proprietary tunnel boring machine.
- Implement control and automation systems using PLCs and industrial automation equipment.
- Understand the principles of measuring levels, pressures, temperatures, flow, and analytical processes using instrumentation.
- Consulting manuals, reading and interpreting circuit diagrams, blueprints, and schematics.
- Assisting design team in design documentation and review process.
- Work with other engineers to integrate electrical systems with mechanical structures, mechanisms, and software packages.
- On-site electronics inventory management.
- Apprentice License
- Associate's Degree in relevant field.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role.
- Must be comfortable working in narrow and confined spaces, outdoors, and in a typical construction-site environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Journeyman's License
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or similar.
- Knowledgeable about high voltage power systems, including electric machines, motor controllers, transformers, and other grid-level electronics.
- Knowledgeable with various types of industrial automation and automotive DAQ technologies.
- Strong teamwork skills with a proven ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other engineering disciplines.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Experience with a variety of motor types (DC, AC induction, Synchronous, etc).
- Experience designing and implementing feedback control systems for electric machines.
- Experience working with PLCs (Beckhoff preferred).
- Experience designing panels, enclosures, and harnesses for rugged environments.
- High voltage safety training.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?