Technical Program Manager, Platforms
U.S. healthcare is frustrating and deeply flawed. Cedar’s mission is to drive better outcomes for everyone involved. At a time when consumer-friendly healthcare experiences are more critical than ever, our platform is uniquely equipped to solve problems that lead to billing issues and administrative waste.
At Cedar, know that your work will have a meaningful impact on people’s lives. Cedarians work collectively to improve the healthcare experience across the ecosystem–from providers and payers to the people they serve. Join our mission as we build something transformational.
Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for a hardworking, passionate person to join our amazing team where we focus on extraordinary service availability, scalability and security while defining standards, implementing standard methodologies and improving operational efficiency. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and love non-routine work that requires social intelligence, complex critical thinking and creative problem solving, we’d love to hear from you!
The Platform teams are responsible for developing and maintaining the technology platforms and systems that enable our products and services to function effectively. As a Technical Program Manager within this team, you will be supporting projects and programs that are focused on building, optimizing, and maintaining our critical infrastructure.
In this role, you'll need to be highly strategic and tactical, with a focus on driving technical initiatives and ensuring that they align with the organization's goals. A key part of your role will require you to build and drive important internal processes, manage decision-making channels, prioritize deliverables across multiple teams and programs, and measure progress against both goals and timelines. Success will require strong management skills, effective navigation of complex and ambiguous issues, superior people skills, and high emotional intelligence as you navigate workstreams and timelines throughout the organization.
This role is based in NYC. You are expected to be in our NYC office 3 days per week.
- Help to grow Cedar’s Program Management function, by collaboratively iterating alongside other program managers and operational team members
- Track projects, cloud computing costs and other key deliverables.
- Drive cross-functional efficiency by defining, tracking, reporting on outcomes and codifying hand-offs across teams.
- Define, facilitate and track interactions between Engineering functions with respect to incidents and bugs.
- Support product managers and engineering managers to develop, manage and maintain Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), master timelines and other relevant inputs to ensure application of deadlines.
- Understand the organization's short and long term strategies, in order to develop plans with product and engineering managers on how and when to tackle them.
- Break down silos and bridge communication gaps across squads and functions (Product, Engineering, Design, etc.) to help manage cross functional timelines.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in project and/or program management
- Strong analytical and project management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, track, and deliver results
- Comfortability coaching teams on Agile practices
- The ability to conduct data analysis and produce insightful reports
- Team player with strong communication skills
- The ability to manage ambiguity and competing priorities
- Outstanding presentation skills both in person and in multi-location meetings
Nice To Haves:
- Experience working at a growing start up
- Understanding of Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management
- Data analytics, business analysis and/or business systems experience
- Experience using SQL
- Comfort with JIRA administration
Compensation Range and Benefits
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $136,000 - $160,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of vacation per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: [email protected] (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.
Something looks off?