U.S. healthcare is frustrating and deeply flawed. Cedar’s mission is to drive better outcomes for everyone involved. At a time when consumer-friendly healthcare experiences are more critical than ever, our platform is uniquely equipped to solve problems that lead to billing issues and administrative waste.
At Cedar, know that your work will have a meaningful impact on people’s lives. Cedarians work collectively to improve the healthcare experience across the ecosystem–from providers and payers to the people they serve. Join our mission as we build something transformational.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our growing Finance team! This individual will support the accounts receivable function, as well as manage the month-end closing, the annual audit, and tax filings. In addition, this person will be a major contributor to various projects, and will work cross functionally with other departments and stakeholders both inside and outside the organization.
Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented and organized, and will thus have the opportunity to own and implement many processes across the Finance team as the company scales. Additionally, this role would be perfect for someone who wants to make an immediate impact on Cedar’s financial functions, take ownership in regards to operating and improving processes, and continue to grow and expand their skill set with a high growth team.
- Execute monthly Corporate accounting close procedures and deliverables over various accounts (e.g., cash, prepaid, fixed assets, leases, accruals/reserves, debt, allocations, insurance, and equity)
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial statement analytics for relevant areas
- Execute monthly close for accounting operations, specifically monthly client billing
- Maintain sub-ledgers and other supporting schedules
- Assist in driving continuous improvement and reduced cycle time in the monthly close process through the increased utilization of technology and tools, implementation of standard operating procedures, and other efficiency measures
- Assist in the implementation of processes and controls to ensure compliance with statutory regulations and Corporate accounting standards/policies
- Coordinate with and support external auditors for annual audit
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. GAAP
Required Skills & Experience
- 3 to 5 years of Accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Big 4 Firm experience preferred
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- CPA license or equivalent preferred
- Netsuite experience is a plus
- Experience in a healthcare industry is a plus
- Exceptional project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Accounting experience with a start-up company preferred
Compensation Range and Benefits
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $90,000 - $100,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of vacation per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: [email protected] (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.
Something looks off?