U.S. healthcare is frustrating and deeply flawed. Cedar’s mission is to drive better outcomes for everyone involved. At a time when consumer-friendly healthcare experiences are more critical than ever, our platform is uniquely equipped to solve problems that lead to billing issues and administrative waste.
At Cedar, know that your work will have a meaningful impact on people’s lives. Cedarians work collectively to improve the healthcare experience across the ecosystem–from providers and payers to the people they serve. Join our mission as we build something transformational.
Cedar is seeking an experienced Compensation Manager to help us scale the Total Rewards function! This individual will manage our compensation processes and will implement and iterate on Cedarʻs strategy. They will assess our processes, tools/systems, data/metrics and give strategic guidance to the people team and business leaders across the company.
This Compensation Manager will report to the Chief People Officer and will gain exposure across all of Cedar. You will partner closely with Recruiting, Internal Communications, People Experience, Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, etc. The Compensation Manager will not operate as a siloʻd consultant but rather, a deeply integrated collaborator across many of Cedarʻs key People projects and processes.
- Understand the competitive marketplace, business challenges and opportunities in order to effectively maintain the strategy for, design and manage the administration of key compensation projects, programs, processes and policies as part of our broader Total Direct Compensation program consisting of equity, base, and incentives – in alignment with our broader Total Rewards Strategy.
- Manage our Total Direct Compensation program – base, incentive and equity. Work across the senior leadership team on developing annual bonus plans, running merit review cycles and generally ensuring that our Compensation program is meeting the strategic needs of the business.
- Own the design and implementation of our equity-based compensation including burn rate, overhang analysis and other dilution analysis. Along with Legal, manage equity grant approvals by Cedarʻs Board of Directors.
- Serve as the subject matter expert, trusted partner and advisor on all compensation related matters. Collaborate proactively with senior leaders, managers and People Business Partners.
- Drive the compensation planning process in alignment with our performance evaluation process for the organization to promote a performance culture via compensation modeling, data analytics, and benchmarking.
- Incorporate external market trends and insights into compensation recommendations that support the business.
- Contribute to overall strategic decisions & leadership in the HR function while constantly thinking one step ahead.
Required Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of progressive strategic Compensation experience.
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with cross-functional teams and strong collaboration skills.
- Data driven attitude, and an interest in always finding ways to utilize metrics in decision making.
- Experience ideating, designing, and implementing reward related programs.
- Excellent project management skills, effectively balancing scope/time/cost.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Compensation Range and Benefits
- Salary Range*: $187,000 - $220,000
- This role is also equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of vacation per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: [email protected] (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.
Something looks off?