VP, Business Development
Our healthcare system is the leading cause of personal bankruptcy in the U.S. Every year, over 50 million Americans suffer adverse financial consequences as a result of seeking care, from lower credit scores to garnished wages. The challenge is only getting worse, as high deductible health plans are the fastest growing plan design in the U.S.
Cedar’s mission is to leverage data science, smart product design and personalization to make healthcare more affordable and accessible. Today, healthcare providers still engage with its consumers in a “one-size-fits-all” approach; and Cedar is excited to leverage consumer best practices to deliver a superior experience.
We are hiring an entrepreneurial commercial leader to accelerate Cedar’s growth by sourcing and executing creative strategic partnerships with industry leaders and clients. As a Senior leader at Cedar, this executive will forge new bespoke deals and partners, optimize existing relationships (e.g., channel partnerships), and serve as an executive sponsor for our most important client relationships.
Success in this role will result in direct contributions to the pipeline and overall revenue growth for the organization. Additionally, our candidate will play a key role in Cedar's overall growth strategy by developing and executing a plan to acquire new partners, managing and activating existing partners, and cultivating sales opportunities with non-traditional clients. Lastly, this role will also work closely with the sales team to win key deals by serving as an executive sponsor, thought partner, and domain expert.
At Cedar, we look for teammates who are driven, energetic and excited to join a fast-paced company. Our ideal candidate has a track record as a leader in sales, has excellent listening and communication skills (verbal and written), and is comfortable taking initiative and operating independently in a dynamic environment. This leader must be comfortable zooming in to the details of deals and relationships as well as zooming out to set high-level strategy.
- Source and develop new commercial and channel relationships of both near- and long-term strategic significance
- Collaborate cross-functionally to implement strategies to activate existing channel partners and drive value from these relationships
- Manage existing payer relationships - as well as other network partners - as channel sources for new commercial opportunities
- Manage Cedar’s Advisory Board of industry thought leaders and CEOs
- Provide executive-level support to the sales team to close key deals
- Act as a strategic thought partner for leaders of client/prospect organizations throughout the sales engagement process
- Identify market needs and engage with Cedar’s product teams to evaluate
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years in business development, consulting, or sales
- Prior healthcare experience is required
- Track record of managing executive-level relationships with enterprise clients
- People management experience preferred
- Gravitas and communication skills to engage senior executives of large enterprises
- Comfortable both doing the work and managing a small team
- Collaborative team player excited to work on big problems
- Track record of building successful strategic relationships and managing complex projects
Compensation Range and Benefits
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $275,000 - $300,000
- This role is bonus and equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of PTO per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.