Sr. Technical Account Manager
Our healthcare system is the leading cause of personal bankruptcy in the U.S. Every year, over 50 million Americans suffer adverse financial consequences as a result of seeking care, from lower credit scores to garnished wages. The challenge is only getting worse, as high deductible health plans are the fastest growing plan design in the U.S.
Cedar’s mission is to leverage data science, smart product design and personalization to make healthcare more affordable and accessible. Today, healthcare providers still engage with its consumers in a “one-size-fits-all” approach; and Cedar is excited to leverage consumer best practices to deliver a superior experience.
The RoleThe Client Solutions team owns the delivery of Cedar’s product and functionality, maintenance of services, and onward growth and expansion. We’re seeking a Sr. Technical Account Manager (TAM) to lead and manage post-launch initiatives for our clients, from implementing new features and functionality to maintaining and upleveling the overall technical health of the integrations. TAMs are the "Cedarians" who manage all the technical aspects of Cedar’s partnership with clients once they have been successfully implemented. To be effective, a TAM at Cedar possesses Solution Architecture, Project Management, and Client Management skills.
Without our Client Solutions team, Cedar doesn't realize its vision of improving the patient financial experience.*Cedar is committed to a flexible work environment, so this as well as many of our roles are remote friendly.*
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years professional experience, with 3+ years experience in a client-facing technologist role, driving technical project leadership and/or technical account management in an enterprise setting.
- Strong technical acumen: analytical capabilities with proficiency in SQL, prior experience working with technical systems and the ability to quickly learn new technologies and systems.
- Effective and credible leading outcomes-focused client conversations. Ability to influence stakeholders' decision making.
- Experience communicating clear technical and business requirements to engineering: Understanding client needs, synthesizing requirements, and steering solution design to meet business and operational needs.
- Ideally, a background working with any of the following: enterprise health care systems, digital consumer payments or backend payment processing technologies, enterprise system integrations.
- You feel comfortable working in a thriving entrepreneurial environment and have some level of comfort navigating through times of ambiguity.
- Lastly, you should be EXCITED about Cedar's mission of improving the healthcare financial experience.
- Manage the technical aspects of Cedar’s relationship with our most strategic and high-value clients.
- Externally, liaise with operational and technical client stakeholders to drive product adoption and integration health.
- Internally, serve as the voice of the customer to key organizations - engineering teams, account management and product managers.
- Provide technical governance and develop technical account plans.
- Directly manage client integration health and mitigate risks. Proactively identify and triage issues, produce plans of action and solution proposals, and work cross-functionally with engineering counterparts for resolution or mitigation. To do so, you will need to groom tickets, stories, or requests.
- Partner with Client Managers to build client partnership: QBR planning, expansion strategy, and cross-selling or upselling initiatives.
- Senior TAMs may mentor and coach junior team members to uplevel the skills and knowledge base across the team.
*Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis*
Compensation Range and Benefits:
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $165,750 - $195,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- For exempt employees: Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of PTO per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including the Cedarian Advisory Group (a cross-functional cohort focused on increasing internal inclusiveness at Cedar) and three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.