Integration Support Engineer
Our healthcare system is the leading cause of personal bankruptcy in the U.S. Every year, over 50 million Americans suffer adverse financial consequences as a result of seeking care, from lower credit scores to garnished wages. The challenge is only getting worse, as high deductible health plans are the fastest growing plan design in the U.S.
Cedar’s mission is to leverage data science, smart product design and personalization to make healthcare more affordable and accessible. Today, healthcare providers still engage with its consumers in a “one-size-fits-all” approach; and Cedar is excited to leverage consumer best practices to deliver a superior experience.
The Integration Support Team at Cedar is made up of Support Engineers (Integration Support Engineers) who are responsible for the technical stability and success of the data pipelines built by the Implementation Team.
We're seeking an Integration Support Engineer to help research, troubleshoot, and build solutions to issues that arise with our clients (healthcare providers). This person will work on the front lines, diving into data, triaging potential problems, and communicating recommendations for robust long term solutions to senior engineers on the team. This role is great for people interested in a technical support role with aspirations of growing as a software engineer, client strategist, or product manager.
- Respond to and debug technical issues that arise from our client integrations and support efforts to proactively monitor their health
- Ensure technical issues are resolved efficiently with quality solutions, whether through code or new processes
- Partner with and professionally communicate updates, resolutions, and timelines to internal and external commercial partners
- Work autonomously and creatively in navigating and overcoming obstacles that you encounter
- On-call expectations
- This role requires on call availability from 9am-6pm local time Monday through Friday
- Team members are expected to be on-call once every 12 weeks Saturday and Sunday
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully and tactfully with a variety of client stakeholders
- Ability to read and write code at a basic level (Python preferred)
- Experience working with a database and SQL (knowledge of “where”, “join”, “group by” clauses at a minimum)
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, comfort with ambiguity
- Passionate about Cedar’s mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
- Willingness to learn and grow through hands on experience and mentorship
- Experience in a technical support or analyst position
- Familiarity with case management systems and metrics
- Experience with client relationship management
- Experience with Django and/or Bash
- Familiarity with data structures, relational databases, cloud infrastructure
- Strong computer science fundamentals - a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field or similar experience
- Healthcare experience
Compensation Range and Benefits
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $89,250 - $105,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- For exempt employees: Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of PTO per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including the Cedarian Advisory Group (a cross-functional cohort focused on increasing internal inclusiveness at Cedar) and three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.