Mid Level or Senior Level Backend Engineer, Data Platform
ClickUp is the world's only all-in-one productivity platform that flexes to the way people want to work. It replaces all individual workplace productivity tools with a single, unified platform including project management, document collaboration, spreadsheets, chat, goals, and more. On a mission to make the world more productive, ClickUp is headquartered in San Diego and scaling remotely and internationally. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, ClickUp helps millions of users to be more productive and save at least one day every week. 🦄
- Own (develop and maintain) our Workspace Migration Service, including APIs, services as well as integration with 3rd party dependencies for best Customer UX.
- Lead hands-on the design, implementation, and maintenance of highly scalable, data-intensive backend APIs, services and complex features of the Data Platform.
- Contribute to the design and construction of systems that prioritize performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Understand the intricate workings of our infrastructure and how all components interact.
- Work alongside fellow engineers to deliver sophisticated backend features outlined in the roadmap.
- Challenge the status quo.
- Have fun!
- An eagerness to learn.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in creating and maintaining a production environment.
- Proficient with TypeScript or other popular programming languages.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL) at scale.
- Passionate about Productivity platforms and saving people time by making the world more productive!
- Experience building large-scale SaaS platforms supporting millions of users.
- Experience designing and developing a data platform layer.
- Experience with relational, non-relational, document and key-value databases.
- Experience with micro-services and event-driven architecture.
- Expertise with technologies such as PostgreSQL, Aurora / RDS, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, Redis, Elastic Search and Docker.
- Proficient in Node.js / Nest.js / Express.js / TypeScript
ClickUp was founded on a culture of hard work, consistent growth, and a desire to break norms. We’re a values-driven company and hire based on ambition, merit, and a willingness to do what it takes to succeed. We don’t care where you’re from, what you look like, or who you’re in a relationship with—we hire the best people for the job, and create an environment that supports employees on their journey to do the most exciting work of their lives! ClickUp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.