Director of Analytics
ClickUp is the world's only all-in-one productivity platform that flexes to the way people want to work. It replaces all individual workplace productivity tools with a single, unified platform including project management, document collaboration, spreadsheets, chat, goals, and more. On a mission to make the world more productive, ClickUp is headquartered in San Diego and scaling remotely and internationally. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, ClickUp helps millions of users to be more productive and save at least one day every week. 🦄
ClickUp is looking for a motivated Director of Analytics with expertise in data analysis and visualization to join our high-performing Data team in the Growth organization. We are building a world-class Growth organization at ClickUp with the goal to make a significant impact on the company's already rapid global growth.
About the Team & Role
The Data team at ClickUp is made up of data analysts, engineers, and scientists who are strategic business partners inside of the larger Growth organization. You will collaborate with the data team members to build dashboards based on the data models the team builds and the analyses the team delivers.
As the Director of Analytics, you will be analyzing data and building compelling dashboards that provide actionable insights into our business operations and growth initiatives. Your goal will be to arm stakeholders with the reporting and data needed to make important investment and growth decisions.
You will have the opportunity to own a team of up to 2 to 3 data analysts, guiding their efforts to develop impactful solutions that address key business challenges. In addition to your technical proficiency, your ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner will be critical in collaborating with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Growth team and other stakeholders to understand business objectives and translate them into effective strategies.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and visualizations that empower teams and provide actionable insights to support data-driven decision-making.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics that align with business goals, ensuring reporting accuracy and relevance.
- Translate quantitative analyses and complex questions into actionable insights and digestible reporting for the larger organization.
- Hire and manage a team of data analysts, fostering a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree in a technical field such as Business Analytics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Stats, etc.
- 7+ years of analytics and data visualization experience with at least 1+ years leading a team of analysts.
- Deep understanding of SaaS metrics.
- Proficiency in Tableau, with a strong portfolio showing insights/visualizations.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL and understanding of data warehouse principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to distill complex analytical solutions into actionable insights
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Project management skills.
- Experience with product and web analytics tech stack (i.e. Amplitude, Google Analytics, Segment (or similar tools).
- Basic understanding of Python.
- Basic understanding of SQL, DBT and Git.
ClickUp was founded on a culture of hard work, consistent growth, and a desire to break norms. We’re a values-driven company and hire based on ambition, merit, and a willingness to do what it takes to succeed. We don’t care where you’re from, what you look like, or who you’re in a relationship with—we hire the best people for the job, and create an environment that supports employees on their journey to do the most exciting work of their lives! ClickUp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.