Staff Backend Engineer, User Platform (IaM) (Nodejs, AWS, Canada Remote)
ClickUp is the world's only all-in-one productivity platform that flexes to the way people want to work. It replaces all individual workplace productivity tools with a single, unified platform including project management, document collaboration, spreadsheets, chat, goals, and more. On a mission to make the world more productive, ClickUp is headquartered in San Diego and scaling remotely and internationally. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, ClickUp helps millions of users to be more productive and save at least one day every week. 🦄
- Design, build, and maintain services to achieve the highest quality of service and continue to meet scalability and performance SLAs through a period of hypergrowth.
- Set the bar for technical excellence and service ownership and promote patterns and best practices for implementation, testing, observability, deployment, and release orchestration.
- Possess a sound understanding of the entire technology stack - including authentication and authorization layers - and assist with conceptualizing a strategic vision and "North Star" architecture.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive alignment on roadmap and deliver features that extend the platform and unlock innovation and productivity across the engineering organization.
- Mentor junior engineers and provide technical guidance and feedback to the team.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience, with 3+ years in technical lead roles
- Expertise in building identity and access management systems as well as integrating with external identity providers like Okta, Azure AD, Ping, OneLogin. Familiarity with technologies and protocols like OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, SCIM, etc.
- Solid understanding of authentication (password-based, token-based, multi-factor authentication, single sign-on); authorization (roles, permissions, user managed access); and identity management (user lifecycle management, policies & governance, and audit trail).
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems, such as high-volume SaaS environments, or data processing platforms - supporting 1M+ daily active users and >20k reqs/minute.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment by identifying areas of impact and independently pursuing them.
- A track record of influencing and enabling forward-thinking technology decisions across a wide organization.
- Excellent ability to communicate complex technical ideas with clarity and precision to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience using AWS and related cloud provider managed services.
- Understanding of regulated industries and compliance standards such as SOC2, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, etc.
- Experience working in rapid-growth startups.
- Passionate about Productivity platforms and saving people time by making the world more productive!
ClickUp was founded on a culture of hard work, consistent growth, and a desire to break norms. We’re a values-driven company and hire based on ambition, merit, and a willingness to do what it takes to succeed. We don’t care where you’re from, what you look like, or who you’re in a relationship with—we hire the best people for the job, and create an environment that supports employees on their journey to do the most exciting work of their lives! ClickUp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.