Senior Backend Engineer (Nodejs, Postgres, AWS, Poland Remote)
ClickUp is the world’s only all-in-one productivity platform that flexes to the way people want to work. It replaces all individual workplace productivity tools with a single, unified platform that includes project management, document collaboration, whiteboards, spreadsheets, and role-based AI tools. Our dedication to enhancing productivity has earned us recognition on prestigious lists including the Forbes Cloud 100, Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, Inc. Power Partners and #1 on two of G2's Best Software Products Lists for 2023 - #1 Project Management Product and #1 Collaboration and Productivity Product. With our headquarters based in San Diego and a rapidly expanding global presence, we are shaping the future of work. Join our team at ClickUp, one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies worldwide, and help millions of users be more productive - saving them at least one day every week. 🦄
- Design, build, and maintain services to achieve the highest quality of service and continue to meet scalability and performance SLAs through a period of hypergrowth.
- Set the bar for technical excellence and service ownership and promote patterns and best practices for implementation, testing, observability, deployment, and release orchestration.
- Possess a sound understanding of the entire technology stack - including authentication and authorization layers - and assist with conceptualizing a strategic vision and "North Star" architecture.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive alignment on roadmap and deliver features that extend the platform and unlock innovation and productivity across the engineering organization.
- Mentor junior engineers and provide technical guidance and feedback to the team.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Expertise in building identity and access management systems as well as integrating with external identity providers using standard technologies and protocols like OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, SCIM, etc.
- Solid understanding of authentication (password-based, token-based, multi-factor authentication, single sign-on); authorization (roles, permissions, user managed access); and identity management (user lifecycle management, policies & governance, and audit trail).
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems, such as high-volume SaaS environments, or data processing platforms - supporting 1M+ daily active users and >20k reqs/minute.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment by identifying areas of impact and independently pursuing them.
- A track record of influencing and enabling forward-thinking technology decisions across a wide organization.
- Excellent ability to communicate complex technical ideas with clarity and precision to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience using AWS and related cloud provider managed services.
- Understanding of regulated industries and compliance standards such as SOC2, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, etc.
- Experience working in rapid-growth startups.
- Experience developing complex single page applications, preferably with Angular and Rxjs
- Passionate about Productivity platforms and saving people time by making the world more productive!
ClickUp was founded on a culture of hard work, consistent growth, and a desire to break norms. We’re a values-driven company and hire based on ambition, merit, and a willingness to do what it takes to succeed. We don’t care where you’re from, what you look like, or who you’re in a relationship with—we hire the best people for the job, and create an environment that supports employees on their journey to do the most exciting work of their lives! ClickUp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.