Who We Are
Founded in 2013, Cloud9 has grown to become one of the most recognizable esports organizations in the world. With championships industry-wide, unmatched viewership hours, and extensive benefits packages for players and staff, Cloud9 prides itself on being the best in all categories. Currently, Cloud9 fields multiple professional teams spanning across several game titles.
To find more information about Cloud9, visit https://www.cloud9.gg.
What We’re Looking For:
Cloud9 is looking for a high-performing Sales Manager to help us with outbound sales opportunities. We are looking for someone that has a desire to work with our partnerships and product teams to develop inventory and packaging and help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. Our ideal sales manager has in-depth knowledge of and experience with the sales process, excelling at lead generation, relationship building, and closing deals.
This role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
What You’ll Do:
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales cycle
- Represent the company, with a comprehensive understanding of our offerings
- Research consumer needs and identify how our solutions meet them
- Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partner relationships
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales reports to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Category prospecting, outbound lead generation and some inbound lead management, meeting scheduling, presentation building, partnership ideation and scoping
- Provide feedback on how to continually improve the sales team operation
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of Sales experience, ideally within esports
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business administration preferred
- Scrappy, hungry, and willing to roll up their sleeves
- Successful previous experience meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business acumen and industry expertise
- Excellent responsiveness, organization, and collaboration skills
- A big plus if you have gaming experience, esports knowledge, worked with content creators and/or partnerships
- We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business
- Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, HSA, and a matching 401K
- We believe in work/life balance and hence we offer a generous paid time off policy, which includes sick time, vacation time, and parental leave
- Fast-paced environment within a rapidly growing company
- Access to industry-leading esports resources and community
- Part of a winning team with a growth mindset
- Relocation assistance available
- The wage range for this role incorporates the multiple factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $100,000 - $150,000 plus commission
- You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cloud9 will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.
Please note that Cloud9 Esports takes the security and privacy of our employees and job applicants very seriously. We would like to remind you to be cautious and vigilant when receiving unsolicited emails or phone calls claiming to be from our company. Our only and official email address domain is @cloud9.gg and anything other than that is fraud.
If you receive any such requests for sensitive information or are unsure about the authenticity of a communication, please do not provide any personal information and contact us immediately.
Cloud9 Esports will not be responsible for any losses or damages resulting from fraudulent attempts by third parties.