Senior Full Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2022
At Compose AI, we help people type less and live more. Isn't it crazy that people are still typing every word of every letter on 99% of the websites and programs they use every day? That's why we built the best-in-class autocomplete, but we didn't stop there—Compose AI also lets you rewrite your sentences in different tones or styles and can even generate whole paragraphs and other pieces of copy. We are a fast-growing team backed by YCombinator, Craft Ventures, Sequoia, along with founders from Kayak, Hubspot, Vercel, and Honey. Join us in our mission to make AI an extension of the human.
As a Full Stack Engineer at Compose AI, you will own projects from 0 to 1 as we continue to launch new products and features. This is not the typical developer role. We are working on core innovations to the way people use their computers on a day-to-day basis. Reinventing the way people interact with text can be subtle and precise, and there are often no instruction manuals for how to do so.
You will work on building challenging end-to-end applications that tie together cutting-edge machine learning with innovative UX—this requires particularly strong engineering skills.
- 5+ years experience working across frontend and backend
- Distributed systems experience
- Real-time API architecture
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Help establish team standards
- Experience with Chrome Extensions
- Experience working closely with machine learning
- Experience working at an early-stage startup (< 25 employees)