Back-End Developer (Job ID: 2266)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, October 6, 2022
Who We Are
ConverseNow is the leading voice AI platform for restaurants. Our virtual ordering assistants automate drive-thru and phone orders for a growing list of the world’s leading restaurant brands. With cutting-edge technology and a passion for service, we sit at the intersection of tech, B2B SaaS and hospitality. Named to the Forbes AI 50 List, Built In’s Startups to Watch List and recognized by TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Business Insider and Nation’s Restaurant News among others, we’re proud to have created a truly best-in-class technology that’s leading the AI and restaurant worlds forward.
Backed by blue chip investors such as CRAFT Ventures (Tesla, Uber, Airbnb, Postmates, Slack) and Enlightened Hospitality Investments (led by Shake Shack Founder Danny Meyer), we’ve raised ~$35M in funding with our sights set on continued exponential growth.
We owe our growth to the remarkable culture we’ve built at ConverseNow. Driven by team-selected core values of Ambition, Passion, Inclusiveness, Guest-Centricity and Low-Ego (our personal favorite), we boast a fun, collaborative work environment where team members are constantly learning from and supporting one another, voices are heard, and everyone has a seat at the table. We’re based in Austin, TX, with a remote team distributed across the globe.
The Back-End Developer role is an opportunity for a Software Engineer to build the ultimate voice-based conversational AI. We're looking for coders and creators with a refined code sense: people who've built cool things, but who can also maintain and scale those things, and who feel proud seeing their code in production.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain the core server stack, working with either a Golang or Python backend
- Proactively identify and fix infrastructure bottlenecks to scale the core services to tens of thousands of requests per minute
- Develop the APIs that our apps and web frontend consume
- Take ownership of features at a product as well as a technical level, working closely with other engineers, designers, and colleagues across the company to define feature specifications
What You'll Bring
- The ideal candidates would have professional experience on a stack serving millions of users, be proficient with Python and/or Golang and have some amount of experience(either professional or personal) in NLP.
- Proficiency in Python or Golang language. (one of them is mandatory). Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Good design and problem-solving skills
- Exposure to NLP/AI/ML is a huge plus
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the development (at least 1 years in Python or Golang)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
What We Provide
- Competitive benefits package, including 100% healthcare coverage
- 401(k) match
- Flexible PTO
- Remote work supplement including laptop
- An incredible team with tremendous passion for the company’s mission, sharing a “Let’s do this” attitude while maintaining a strong work/life balance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.