Lead Product Designer
Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2022
We believe AI will be embedded in today's businesses and help people start tomorrow's businesses. Our SaaS product allows entrepreneurs, marketers, and copywriters to use the latest natural language processing (NLP) models to improve their communication and accomplish business goals.
Over 8 million users have signed up to use our application and we're eager to deliver more value for them. Investors in our recent $11 million Series A round include Zach DeWitt at Wing Ventures, David Sacks at Craft Ventures, Li Jin at Atelier Ventures, Alfred Lin at Sequoia, and 80+ other investors. In March 2022, Forbes identified Copy.ai as one of the language processing AI startups part of a billion-dollar wave.
We’re a scrappy startup so this role is what you make of it, but we’ll help you every step of the way. You’ll be able to look back and see your impact as we grow and evolve. There’s a lot to take on, but we trust that you’re up to the challenge.
Copy.ai is a remote company. All employees must be able to work 9am-5pm in any timezone Pacific to Eastern.
At Copy.ai, we and our dedicated team of professionals are passionate about harnessing the power of generative AI to redefine the way we work. We are in search of our first Head of Design, who will foster our design ethos throughout our rapidly evolving startup.
As our Lead Product Designer, you will be in charge of our design strategy as well as implement, maintain, and elevate design excellence at every level of our organization. You will report directly to our cofounders. Although this is a leadership position, this role will require a more tactile, hands-on approach—engaging directly with projects and helping shape our final products.
What you'll do:
- Lead, motivate, guide, and mentor our Product Design Team, fostering an environment for their continued professional growth
- Advocate for product design at all levels within the organization
- Strategically integrate product design into the core of Copy.ai’s operation
- Develop a unified design framework across all product lines (Core Generations, Chat, and Workflows)
- Collaborate with our Product and Engineering Teams
- Represent Copy.ai as a brand ambassador, both internally and externally
- Attract and recruit talented product design-focused individuals to grow the team
About you; You are:
- 10+ years of experience in design, including at least 3 years of direct team leadership
- Proven history of delivering unified product design visions and creatively solving complex design issues
- Comfortable with a player/coach role—ability to handle hands-on work while putting your team’s needs first
- Low ego and excellent collaborative capabilities
- A builder of trust, encouraging candid conversations for collective learning
*Copy.ai is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.*
What We Offer 😎:
👫 A close-knit and collaborative early-stage startup environment where every voice is heard and every opinion matters; 40 team members as of 08/2023
💰 Competitive salary and stock option equity packages; We're a Series A startup
🏥 Excellent Medical Plans to choose from including HSA plans, PPOs, and HMOs from Kaiser and Aetna; Dental and Vision insurance; Copy.ai pays up to $700/month per employee for monthly premiums
🏠 100% REMOTE startup! Our team is distributed all over the US and Canada
🛫UNLIMITED PTO; We truly believe in work-life balance and that hard work should be balanced with time for rest and rejuvenation
📈 401k plan and automatic 3% employer contribution from Day 1!!!!
💻 Brand new work-sponsored computer
🏝 IRL / In-Person retreats throughout the year
Copy.ai Organizational Values:
⭐️ Customer focus
⭐️ Data driven