Senior Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
We believe AI will be embedded in today's businesses and help people start tomorrow's businesses. Our SaaS product allows entrepreneurs, marketers, and copywriters to use the latest natural language processing (NLP) models to improve their communication and accomplish business goals.
Over 8 million users have signed up to use our application and we're eager to deliver more value for them. Investors in our recent $11 million Series A round include Zach DeWitt at Wing Ventures, David Sacks at Craft Ventures, Li Jin at Atelier Ventures, Alfred Lin at Sequoia, and 80+ other investors. In March 2022, Forbes identified Copy.ai as one of the language processing AI startups part of a billion-dollar wave.
We’re a scrappy startup so this role is what you make of it, but we’ll help you every step of the way. You’ll be able to look back and see your impact as we grow and evolve. There’s a lot to take on, but we trust that you’re up to the challenge.
Copy.ai is a remote company. All employees must be able to work 9am-5pm in any timezone Pacific to Eastern.
Copy.ai has an exciting opportunity to bring on our 1st Head of Product Marketing to completely build out, own, and lead product marketing. This is a pivotal role for our success so it’s important to us that this marketing leader has experience building and owning product marketing. This pioneer must be data-driven and have a love for AI, early-stage, product-led growth (PLG) startups. Ideally this isn’t your 1st rodeo and you’ve been the first key, high-level marketing hire before and have experience building the marketing infrastructure, pipelines, and process to make strategic and effective decisions to build and scale the marketing capabilities and function.
What you'll do:
- Lead our product release GTM efforts from first buzz through feature adoption. Work closely with product and marketing to achieve cross-functional goals.
- Provide strategy, design, and test all parts of our user journey experience in conjunction with our Lifecycle Marketing Manager. Become an expert in understanding, improving, and reporting on the way new users and leads receive their product education and work their way through the funnel.
- Ensure different teams work well together and lead the introduction of Copy.ai's platform for teams and enterprises. Develop and implement thorough strategies to launch new features. This starts with identifying the audience, defining the core value of the features, and smoothly carrying out the launch through various communication channels. Collaborate closely with colleagues in product development, design, engineering, data analysis, and marketing. Your input will be valuable in brainstorming, research, and improving the platform's features.
- Craft Engaging Marketing Content: Take on the role of the product's messaging expert, collaborating with our team to create content for the website, blogs, podcasts, and other outward-facing materials. Your aim is to make sure that the messages are well-suited for the intended audiences. Provide direction to the marketing and growth teams in designing nurture campaigns that lead to achieving specific activation and conversion goals.
- Take Charge of the Messaging: Create captivating stories and strategic positions that resonate at each step of the customer's journey. These narratives should set Copy.ai apart from competitors and effectively convey the benefits to our small business users.
- Become an Industry Expert: Dive deep into the Generative AI landscape, conduct thorough market analyses, and establish yourself as the go-to authority within the company. Gain insights into our competitors and stay attuned to the shifting market trends.
- Generate customer insights that inform CopyAI's product strategy, lead go-to-market for our products, and create and execute campaigns to drive product growth
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
About you; You are:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience owning product marketing at a PLG or enterprise SaaS tech startup
- Passion: You are excited about what Copy.ai is inventing, AI, and early-stage highly collaborative startup work environments
- Data Driven: You love all things data and have the ability to make insights after analyzing massive data sets. In addition, you’re not afraid to try new data-backed experimentation .
- Strategy: You've developed marketing strategies and tactics that put the customer first, while hitting growth goals at the same time.
- Writing ability: You’ve written short-form and long-form content, and can point to examples of your writing.
- Tools: You've worked with industry standard tools, such as Mixpanel Analytics, email optimization metrics, and user retention dashboards.
*Copy.ai is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.*
What We Offer 😎:
👫 A close-knit and collaborative early-stage startup environment where every voice is heard and every opinion matters; 40 team members as of 08/2023
💰 Competitive salary and stock option equity packages; We're a Series A startup
🏥 Excellent Medical Plans to choose from including HSA plans, PPOs, and HMOs from Kaiser and Aetna; Dental and Vision insurance; Copy.ai pays up to $700/month per employee for monthly premiums
🏠 100% REMOTE startup! Our team is distributed all over the US and Canada
🛫UNLIMITED PTO; We truly believe in work-life balance and that hard work should be balanced with time for rest and rejuvenation
📈 401k plan and automatic 3% employer contribution from Day 1!!!!
💻 Brand new work-sponsored computer
🏝 IRL / In-Person retreats throughout the year
Copy.ai Organizational Values:
⭐️ Customer focus
⭐️ Data driven