Senior Platform Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
We believe AI will be embedded in today's businesses and help people start tomorrow's businesses. Our SaaS product allows entrepreneurs, marketers, and copywriters to use the latest natural language processing (NLP) models to improve their communication and accomplish business goals.
Over 8 million users have signed up to use our application and we're eager to deliver more value for them. Investors in our recent $11 million Series A round include Zach DeWitt at Wing Ventures, David Sacks at Craft Ventures, Li Jin at Atelier Ventures, Alfred Lin at Sequoia, and 80+ other investors. In March 2022, Forbes identified Copy.ai as one of the language processing AI startups part of a billion-dollar wave.
We’re a scrappy startup so this role is what you make of it, but we’ll help you every step of the way. You’ll be able to look back and see your impact as we grow and evolve. There’s a lot to take on, but we trust that you’re up to the challenge.
Copy.ai is a remote company. All employees must be able to work 9am-5pm in any timezone Pacific to Eastern.
At Copy.ai, we’re building the interface for every day people to interact with AI — we believe it’s an opportunity to do career-defining work. As a platform engineer, you’ll work on the engine that powers our AI Workflows product. You will help us continue to scale our platform by building internal tooling and libraries, while also improving system reliability. This role is crucial in making the product easier to use, more performant, and reliable for our users- both internally and externally.
Already following the AI space with a close eye? This role would be perfect for you if you already know what "prompt chaining" means, why JSON coercion would be useful in building AI agents, or you've put any thought into the best way to chunk data for a RAG system! You will be part of a small, collaborative team at the forefront of AI, making sure our customers are able to have the best-in-class experience in harnessing its power.
What You'll Do:
- Stay on top of advances in the AI space (new models, new techniques)
- Work with product, data science, design, and our enterprise solutions team to ship new capabilities for the workflows platform
- Work on overall system reliability (from unit tests, to back-up service providers, to inventing new ways of interacting with LLMs that solve a use case more reliably)
About You, You Have:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with SaaS, marketing tools, creator tools, and/or machine learning products is a plus
- Experience solving large-scale problems on a variety of databases and job queuing systems.
- Familiarity with Typescript/React/Node/Jest is a plus. This is primarily a backend role, but all engineers at Copy.ai are full-stack and you will occasionally need to build out front-end components or internal tools.
*Copy.ai is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.*
What We Offer 😎:
👫 A close-knit and collaborative early-stage startup environment where every voice is heard and every opinion matters; 40 team members as of 08/2023
💰 Competitive salary and stock option equity packages; We're a Series A startup
🏥 Excellent Medical Plans to choose from including HSA plans, PPOs, and HMOs from Kaiser and Aetna; Dental and Vision insurance; Copy.ai pays up to $700/month per employee for monthly premiums
🏠 100% REMOTE startup! Our team is distributed all over the US and Canada
🛫UNLIMITED PTO; We truly believe in work-life balance and that hard work should be balanced with time for rest and rejuvenation
📈 401k plan and automatic 3% employer contribution from Day 1!!!!
💻 Brand new work-sponsored computer
🏝 IRL / In-Person retreats throughout the year
Copy.ai Organizational Values:
⭐️ Customer focus
⭐️ Data driven