Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
We believe AI will usher in a new era of human creativity, thinking, and innovation. Our generative AI platform is purpose-built to drive these outcomes for our customers, giving them the ability to design and create high-impact, high-leverage AI workflows that power their business.
Copy.ai makes AI accessible for all users, regardless of technical know-how. Our platform makes it easy to drive real business value from the latest large language models (LLMs) and help companies navigate their AI transformation journey.
We have over 10 million users, the backing of top tier venture capital firms (Sequoia, Craft, Wing, Tokyo Black), and an incredible tailwind of AI momentum and enthusiasm.
We have solid traction but are still a young company. This role is what you make of it, and your teammates and colleagues will help you every step of the way. You’ll look back on your time at Copy.ai and view it as the most impactful and highest growth phase of your career. There’s a lot to take on, but we trust that you’re up to the challenge.
Copy.ai is a fully remote company. All employees must be able to work 9am-5pm in their timezone, Pacific to Eastern.
We are looking to bring on our 1st Controller at Copy.ai We are on the search for a highly skilled and experienced Controller to join our Series A enterprise SaaS startup. As Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the company and providing strategic financial guidance to drive the growth and success of the organization. You will build out the finance infrastructure and lay the foundation for finance processes so that we can continue to rapidly scale. You are highly analytical and collaborate well with a variety of stakeholders. You are excited to join us as our 1st ever Controller, and have built out and scaled our finance operations at successful enterprise SaaS startups before.
What you'll do:
- Accounting System: Maintain and enhance the accounting system, ensuring accurate and timely recording of financial transactions and adherence to relevant accounting principles and standards.
- Own the migration from Quickbooks Online to Netsuite. You will own all aspects including data mapping, integration, and system configuration, with a focus on efficiency and accuracy.
- Sales Tax Compliance: Ensure compliance with sales tax regulations in relevant jurisdictions, including the calculation, reporting, and remittance of sales tax liabilities.
- Tax Reporting: Prepare and submit accurate and timely tax returns, including income tax, corporate tax, and any other applicable taxes or filings required by regulatory authorities.
- Financial Forecasting: Develop and maintain comprehensive financial forecasting models to provide insights on revenue, expenses, and overall financial performance, enabling effective decision-making by the management team.
- Budget Preparation and Management: Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop annual budgets, track budget performance, and provide regular reports and analysis to ensure adherence to the budget and identify areas for improvement.
About you; you are:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- CPA designation is strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in financial management, including 5 years of startup experience with enterprise SaaS
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and financial reporting standards.
- Proven experience managing migration from Quickbooks Online to Netsuite or similar ERP system.
- Solid understanding of sales tax compliance and tax reporting requirements.
- Advanced proficiency in financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with various stakeholders.
What We Offer 😎:
👫 A close-knit and collaborative early-stage startup environment where every voice is heard and every opinion matters; 40 team members as of 08/2023
💰 Competitive salary and stock option equity packages; We're a Series A startup
🏥 Excellent Medical Plans to choose from including HSA plans, PPOs, and HMOs from Kaiser and Aetna; Dental and Vision insurance; Copy.ai pays up to $700/month per employee for monthly premiums
🏠 100% REMOTE startup! Our team is distributed all over the US and Canada
🛫UNLIMITED PTO; We truly believe in work-life balance and that hard work should be balanced with time for rest and rejuvenation
📈 401k plan and automatic 3% employer contribution from Day 1!!!!
💻 Brand new work-sponsored computer
🏝 IRL / In-Person retreats throughout the year
Copy.ai Organizational Values:
⭐️ Customer focus
⭐️ Data driven