MidMarket Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, June 1, 2023
🧠 About Cortex
Cortex is an internal developer portal built to accelerate the path to engineering excellence. Companies like Docker, TripAdvisor, and Brex use Cortex to catalog, score, and assign action to improve service quality and velocity, so devs can get back to work that drives the business forward.
We’re fully remote and welcome candidates from anywhere in the US! We have quarterly offsites where we fly the whole team out to meet in person, build stronger relationships, kick off important projects, and have fun!
We’re a small but mighty group of ~50 passionate individuals excited about building a product that developers love. We raised $35M in Series B Funding in 2023 led by IVP with Sequoia Capital and previously raised a series A co-led by Tiger Global and Sequoia Capital. You can read more about it here.
💼 Job Summary
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented MidMarket Account Executive to join our dynamic sales team. As a MidMarket Account Executive, you will be responsible for driving revenue growth by acquiring new mid-market customers, facilitating the end-to end sales cycle and expanding existing accounts. You will work closely with the rest of the sales team, engineering teams, and business stakeholders to understand their needs and demonstrate the value of our product.
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end sales cycle for prospective mid-market customers, building strong relationships with customer champions and economic buyers
- You will work closely with go-to-market teams to become trusted customer partners and grow our mid-market customer base
- Daily activities will include prospecting, qualifying, discovery, value-selling, forecasting, and executing sales opportunities to achieve revenue targets
- At least two years of experience in B2B software sales, preferably in the developer tools or SaaS industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion for contributing to ambitious revenue and growth goals
- A track record of high performance, self-motivation and a want to continually raise the bar for what you believe is achievable
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work independently with a sense of urgency
- Bonus points for: Training in MEDDPICC sales qualification or similar sales methodology
🌴 Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity/stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- $400 monthly perks stipend
- 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Gender-neutral parental leave
- Quarterly team retreats (previously San Francisco, Miami, Austin)
- Our job titles may span more than one career level. The base pay for this role is $125,000. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is eligible for variable pay, equity and benefits
- Cortex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Cortex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email [email protected]