Technical Writer (Contract)
Culture’s mission is to simplify bioprocess development and make it as fast and easy to scale bioprocesses, as it is to scale software. With this mission, Culture’s first offering enables biopharma, biotechnology, and synthetic biology companies to execute their bioprocessing R&D in the cloud. Our clients design, manage, and analyze bioprocess experiments in Culture’s Console web application. Culture’s offering enables customers to focus on designing and improving their processes versus spending time and effort building out their own high-throughput process development laboratories. Customers remotely observe their processes and analyze data while their experiments are executed in Culture’s cloud bioreactor facility in South San Francisco. The facility is enabled by Culture’s proprietary 250mL and 5L single-use bioreactor technology and software systems.
At Culture, we combine our passions for biomanufacturing, engineering, and operations to build new solutions that make bioprocess development faster. We value curiosity, communication, collaboration, a customer focused mindset and a drive for results.
You will be responsible for creating and revising manufacturing procedures and forms. This is a contract role, expected to last for approximately 6 months and work approximately 30-40 hours per week.
What you'll do
- Critique and improve accuracy and flow of technical documentation through interaction with manufacturing.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Ensure that the documents are clear, concise, and technically accurate. Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts to increase users’ understanding.
- Collaborate and provide documentation support to New Product teams, including developing/refining manufacturing instructions.
- Observe manufacturing processes on occasion to understand manufacturing processes or opportunities for documentation improvement.
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders.
What we're seeking
- 5 or more years of relevant experience as a writer and/or process documentation specialist. Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment, preferably a startup environment.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills with proven experience in developing/implementing training content for manufacturing processes.
- Work independently and within cross-functional teams.
- Experience executing technical writing for manufacturing processes and procedures including acceptance activities and process controls, identification and traceability, quality auditing, etc. preferred.
- Effective analytical problem solving, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines while successfully managing several projects in parallel.
- Working knowledge of quality system requirements (QSR) and good manufacturing practices (GMP) is highly preferred.
Nice to have
- BS or MS in a technical discipline is preferred, but not necessarily required for a candidate who has relevant years’ experience technical writing experience.
- Comfort with ambiguity and resilient when facing rapid change.
In return, we offer a supportive environment. We value:
- Lifting each other up and enabling others to be their best
- Commitment to reliability
- Empowering ownership to drive progress
- Trying new things; big innovations start with small ideas and actions
Location & Schedule:
- This is a remote role. For local candidates there is an opportunity to visit the manufacturing site.
- This is a fixed contract role; it is expected to be a six month contract, approximately 15-25 hours per week
- The rate for this contract role will be $60 to $75 hourly.
Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech and technology to apply.