Senior Software Engineer- Scala
You’ve become a bit of a polyglot with programming languages- be it through work or in pursuing side projects… The kind of dev who has a new tool to suggest or that is happy to pick up on a new skill set to make things happen. You have a firm grasp of some functional programming languages and really know your way around a SQL database. If this sounds like you, your new work BFF is probably at Datasembly.
Right now, the grocery and quick-service restaurant industries are working in the dark when it comes to pricing information and strategy. Datasembly is changing that. These are massive industries with billions of dollars on the line every year. Datasembly’s data-driven approach is changing how these companies are thinking about pricing strategy, deploying billions of dollars, and communicating both internally and externally. And we are just getting started.
On the Data Processing team you will get to work with truly big data to develop systems that will be used throughout the company and by our clients, supplying data in real-time to meet their needs. From data cleaning jobs that discover relevant data points, to data warehouses that can store and serve years of historical data, to friendly data schemas that will power our frontend software, the Data Processing team is at the center of everything we do at Datasembly.
● Datasembly's product is easy to understand, explain, and provides a huge impact for our customers- your work will be clear and meaningful
● Work from home with flexibility to be successful and complete your work in the way that works best for you
● Experience a growing, highly innovative and collaborative startup environment
● Company retreats to interesting locations 3 times a year
● Greenfield development opportunities using technologies like Spark, Google Cloud services like BigQuery, and Kafka with Machine Learning projects on the near-term product roadmap
What makes a Sembler?
● An egoless, team first attitude
● A love for documenting and disseminating knowledge
What We Need From You
● At least 5 years of development experience
● A desire and ability to constantly learn and improve yourself and your work products
● The ability to communicate and work effectively with others in a fully remote format
● Expertise with a functional programming language such as Scala (what we use), Clojure, Elixir or Erlang
● Exposure to Google Cloud services like BigQuery, Snowflake, and Dataflow or similar services
● Interest in solving challenging problems on massive data