Lead API Architect
Fingerprint empowers developers to stop online fraud at the source.
We work on turning radical new ideas in the fraud detection space into reality. Our products are developer-focused and our clients range from solo developers to publicly traded companies. Some of our customers include: Coinbase, Booking.com, and Yahoo, just to name a few.
We are a globally dispersed, 100% remote company with a strong open-source focus. Our flagship open source project is Fingerprint (16K stars on GitHub).
We have raised $44M and are backed by Craft Ventures (previously invested in Tesla, Facebook, Airbnb), Nexus VP (previously invested in Postman, Hasura) and Uncorrelated Ventures (previously invested in Redis, Rollbar & Gradle).
Fingerprint is seeking a lead software engineer/architect to design and implement key parts of our system. This position is best suited for someone seeking a role as a hands-on engineer who will design and implement complex systems.
What you will be doing:
- Design, implement and support of a new API that will work alongside existing company products.
- Making decisions on the architecture and implementation. There will be only a high-level description of a system that needs to be implemented. It will be up to you to choose techniques and tools, validate them with the team, and convert them into a working system.
- Event-driven architecture, event storage, and search API with a flexible filtering feature.
- Architectural design, implementation, and delivery of the product features, including the most critical ones.
- Communicating time estimates, issues, and technological challenges in a collaborative setting.
- Solve problems of relatively complex scope through general usage of standard programming concepts and principles, and application of own judgment.
What you will need to be successful
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience designing high-scale systems in cloud environments on AWS.
- Recent experience building and scaling API systems on AWS, processing at least 1 billion requests per month.
- Hands-on experience in building distributed systems – not solely responsible for architecture, but also for writing code.
- Production experience with golang, AWS stack, event processing systems (Kafka or the like).
- Excellent English –-- both written and verbal communication.
Nice to Have
- BS/MS in CS or related field
- 10+ overall experience
$170,000 - $205,000
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all US based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Offers vary depending on, but not limited to, relevant experience, education, certifications/licenses, skills, training, and market conditions.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. Fingerprint strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace. We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
If you are applying as a resident of California, please read our CCPA notice here
If you are applying as a resident of the EU, please read our GDPR notice here
Something looks off?