Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Fingerprint empowers developers to stop online fraud at the source.
We work on turning radical new ideas in the fraud detection space into reality. Our products are developer-focused and our clients range from solo developers to publicly traded companies. Some of our customers include: Coinbase, Booking.com, and Yahoo, just to name a few.
We are a globally dispersed, 100% remote company with a strong open-source focus. Our flagship open source project is Fingerprint (16K stars on GitHub).
We have raised $44M and are backed by Craft Ventures (previously invested in Tesla, Facebook, Airbnb), Nexus VP (previously invested in Postman, Hasura) and Uncorrelated Ventures (previously invested in Redis, Rollbar & Gradle).
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be designing and implementing the first phase of our infrastructure. You'll ideally be experienced in building infrastructure from scratch in a fast-paced startup environment.
Through use of cutting edge tooling you will be empowering other engineers towards a distributed ownership of backend services, whilst championing Infrastructure-as-Code.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, write and deliver software that improves the lives of our engineers and the scalability of our platform
- Build secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure for a variety of applications and workloads
- Partner with engineering teams to architect their services for scale
- Get involved in the design and implementation of new developer-facing services and tooling
What we’re looking for 👀:
- Highly collaborative individuals who enjoy working in tight knit team
- High level of personal ownership and autonomy, which requires experience working without clearly defined requirements
- Good English for verbal and written communication inside the company
- You have a good understanding of DevOps as a culture
- Experience in infrastructure and/or platform engineering within a primarily cloud-based environment
- Experience managing infrastructure through code and configuration (we primarily use Terraform)
- Experience with AWS and its various services
- Experience with Software Engineering best practices, including source control management, code review, and testing
- Experience and understanding of how modern web applications are developed and deployed in distributed cloud-based platforms
- Experience with Bash, Golang, Clickhouse DB, and API Gateways, a bonus
$80,000 - $140,000
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all US based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Offers vary depending on, but not limited to, relevant experience, education, certifications/licenses, skills, training, and market conditions.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. Fingerprint strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace. We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
If you are applying as a resident of California, please read our CCPA notice here
If you are applying as a resident of the EU, please read our GDPR notice here
Something looks off?