Senior Developer Evangelist
Fingerprint empowers developers to stop online fraud at the source.
We work on turning radical new ideas in the fraud detection space into reality. Our products are developer-focused and our clients range from solo developers to publicly traded companies. Some of our customers include: Coinbase, Booking.com, and Yahoo, just to name a few.
We are a globally dispersed, 100% remote company with a strong open-source focus. Our flagship open source project is Fingerprint (16K stars on GitHub).
We have raised $44M and are backed by Craft Ventures (previously invested in Tesla, Facebook, Airbnb), Nexus VP (previously invested in Postman, Hasura) and Uncorrelated Ventures (previously invested in Redis, Rollbar & Gradle).
We’re looking for a Senior Developer Evangelist to drive community growth through highly compelling developer-focused content. The ideal candidate will have a background in software development and a passion for open-source technology and developer communities. As the Senior Developer Evangelist, you will lead discussions on technology trends and device identification best practices, while creating compelling technical content, speaking at conferences, and working with users, partners, and customers.
- Lead discussions on the latest technology advancements and best practices in the developer community
- Develop and execute a community engagement strategy through various online and in-person channels
- Create engaging content, including technical talks, blog posts, demos, and videos to educate developers on important technologies and trends
- Work with product and engineering teams to plan content for releases and events
- Attend virtual and in-person events within the developer community that best match our target audiences
- Develop practical how-to content leveraging Fingerprint for various use cases
- Monitor and analyze community engagement metrics to measure the success of strategies and initiatives
- Stay up to date on industry trends and emerging technologies
- At least three years of deep expertise in developer advocacy, community engagement, developer relations, or technology evangelism
- Demonstrable experience in developing technical content for developer audiences, such as blogs, demos, tutorials, workshops, and webinars
- Demonstrable experience in public speaking, teaching, and/or connecting with developers
- Experience working at a technical software startup
- Experience in technical product marketing and/or product management is a plus
- Knowledge of Discord, GitHub, and Reddit best practices
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- 401k and comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTOs
- 8 Weeks Parental Leave
- Fully remote and work anywhere in the world
- MacBook Air
- Small team with very lean hierarchy where you can take ownership and make a real impact in shaping the company culture
- Yearly Learning Fund of up to USD600
- Office stipend of up to USD1000 to set-up your home office
- Annual Company Off Sites
Compensation Range: USD170,000 - USD220,000
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all US based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Offers vary depending on, but not limited to, relevant experience, education, certifications/licenses, skills, training, and market conditions.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. Fingerprint strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace. We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
If you are applying as a resident of California, please read our CCPA notice here
If you are applying as a resident of the EU, please read our GDPR notice here
Something looks off?