Senior Full Stack Engineer
Fingerprint empowers developers to stop online fraud at the source.
We work on turning radical new ideas in the fraud detection space into reality. Our products are developer-focused and our clients range from solo developers to publicly traded companies. Some of our customers include: Coinbase, and booking.com just to name a few.
We are a globally dispersed, 100% remote company with a strong open-source focus. Our flagship open source project is Fingerprint (18K stars on GitHub).
We have raised $44M and are backed by Craft Ventures (previously invested in Tesla, Facebook, Airbnb), Nexus VP (previously invested in Postman, Hasura) and Uncorrelated Ventures (previously invested in Redis, Rollbar & Gradle).
The Fingerprint Dashboard team is a critical engineering team that visualizes our entire platform for our users.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Engineer to build dashboards and API integrations that utilize the full power of our Fingerprinting capabilities!
The ideal candidate will have experience with GitHub, loves open-source software, and be excited to work on developer-focused projects that integrate with various 3rd party APIs and services and create world-class experiences for our users. 💻
We are proud to be a remote-first company with employees distributed across the world. 🌎We are looking for candidates who have experience and/or a preference for working fully remote and with globally distributed teams. Successful candidates will align with Fingerprint's mission and values. They will care about teamwork, collaboration, and actively shaping our engineering and overall company culture. ❤️
⭐ Fingerprint Company Values:
- Fail. Learn. Grow.: We aren't afraid to take big bets and make mistakes along the way in order to build a truly successful business. All ideas are welcome and evaluated equally based on merit, not position.
- Don't Take Yourself Too Seriously: Whether playing online games or discussing company strategy, we try to have fun and bring our authentic selves to work.
- No BS: We are open and direct. We say what we mean and we mean what we say
- Be Level 5 Helpful: We believe in going the extra mile in helping both our peers and our customers.
- We are Global: we have teammates distributed across the globe! This particular team sits between UTC-5 to UTC+3, so we will be prioritizing candidates working from these time zones.
💥What you'll be doing:
- Write well structured, high-quality TypeScript code.
- Create secure and high-performant integrations with 3rd party APIs and database engines.
- Be deeply involved with internet security & privacy mechanisms.
- Solve complex problems that require knowledge of web browsers, networking & cryptography.
- Have a high level of personal ownership and autonomy.
- Collaborate with your team to design, develop and deliver product features.
- Mentor other engineers on your team.
🚩Upcoming Team Projects:
- Bringing new data sources into our Dashboard, as there are tons of data behind the scenes!
- Building a new publicly available API.
- Evolving our background processing and data syncing services.
- Experimenting with new components and onboarding processes.
- Updating our data sources to better support slicing and dicing data streams.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English.
- Previous experience working as a Senior Frontend Engineer in a startup environment
- Familiarity with APIs.
- A historical record of open source contributions.
- Experience with technical writing.
⌨️ Our stack:
- Backend: TypeScript, Node, Express
- Frontend: TypeScript, React, Storybook
- AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, RDS/Aurora, SQS)
🎁 What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Vacation
- Home Office Allowance
- Fun (think company-wide offsites!)
- Continued Education Allowance
- Personal Growth & Development Opportunities
$100,000 - $160,000
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all US based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Offers vary depending on, but not limited to, relevant experience, education, certifications/licenses, skills, training, and market conditions.
Due to regulatory and security reasons, there’s a small number of countries where we cannot have Fingerprint teammates based. Additionally, because Fingerprint is an all-remote company and people can join our workforce from almost any country, we DO NOT sponsor visas. Fingerprint teammates need to be authorized to work from their home location.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. Fingerprint strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace. We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
If you are applying as a resident of California, please read our CCPA notice here
If you are applying as a resident of the EU, please read our GDPR notice here