Director, Business Development
Fingerprint empowers developers to stop online fraud at the source.
We work on turning radical new ideas in the fraud detection space into reality. Our products are developer-focused and our clients range from solo developers to publicly traded companies. Some of our customers include: Coinbase, Booking.com, and Yahoo, just to name a few.
We are a globally dispersed, 100% remote company with a strong open-source focus. Our flagship open source project is Fingerprint (16K stars on GitHub).
We have raised $44M and are backed by Craft Ventures (previously invested in Tesla, Facebook, Airbnb), Nexus VP (previously invested in Postman, Hasura) and Uncorrelated Ventures (previously invested in Redis, Rollbar & Gradle).
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Director of Business Development to lead our BDR team in generating new business opportunities and accelerating revenue growth. In this role, you’ll partner with Fingerprint’s marketing and sales leadership to build a winning strategy, set goals, and measure performance against weekly, monthly, and quarterly objectives. As the ideal candidate, you’ll be ambitious, proactive, and results-driven with a strong track record of managing and mentoring high-performing BDR teams. You are passionate about coaching and developing others, and you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Train, manage, and mentor a team of Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to achieve pipeline creation targets
- Build a comprehensive business development strategy to generate new business opportunities and accelerate pipeline growth in multiple geographic regions
- Accelerate conversion of inbound qualified leads to pipeline
- Build outbound programs in alignment with marketing campaigns, leveraging a strong understanding of Fingerprint’s target personas and use cases as well as various business development tactics
- Lead the hiring and interviewing process for all new team members and ensure that they are ramped up quickly and effectively
- Motivate individuals and the team to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast of results, and creative incentives to meet all goals
- Teach BDRs how to assess company needs, cater strategically to each prospect, and manage potential objections to achieve maximum sales results
- Collaborate with the Sales team to ensure a smooth handoff of sales qualified leads and opportunities
- Utilize sales tools and technologies such as Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and other resources to research, prospect, and identify key decision-makers
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all customer interactions, leads, and opportunities in our CRM system
- Define, monitor, and analyze key performance metrics to optimize team performance and identify areas for improvement
- Develop and maintain accurate team forecasts for senior leadership teams
- 8-10+ years of experience in direct B2B SaaS sales development, preferably selling to technical personas (e.g., engineering, product management)
- Minimum of a 2-year track record of success over-achieving targets managing a global BDR/SDR team
- Results-driven with a consistent track record of 100%+ quota achievement
- Passionate about coaching, mentorship, and team management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with customers and team members
- Able to manage and work across multiple departments and manage a global remote team
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a high-growth, rapidly changing marketplace
$105,000 - 130,000 (base)
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all US based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Offers vary depending on, but not limited to, relevant experience, education, certifications/licenses, skills, training, and market conditions.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. Fingerprint strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace. We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
If you are applying as a resident of California, please read our CCPA notice here
If you are applying as a resident of the EU, please read our GDPR notice here
Something looks off?