Vice President, Product
Fingerprint empowers developers to stop online fraud at the source.
We work on turning radical new ideas in the fraud detection space into reality. Our products are developer-focused and our clients range from solo developers to publicly traded companies. Some of our customers include: Coinbase, Booking.com, and Yahoo, just to name a few.
We are a globally dispersed, 100% remote company with a strong open-source focus. Our flagship open source project is Fingerprint (16K stars on GitHub).
We have raised $44M and are backed by Craft Ventures (previously invested in Tesla, Facebook, Airbnb), Nexus VP (previously invested in Postman, Hasura) and Uncorrelated Ventures (previously invested in Redis, Rollbar & Gradle).
As the VP of Product at Fingerprint, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing our API-first product vision. Leading a talented team of product managers, you will work closely with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success, to ensure the successful development, launch, and adoption of our technical products.
Product Strategy and Vision:
- Develop and communicate a clear and compelling product strategy aligned with the company's overall vision and business goals.
- Identify market opportunities specific to API solutions, conduct market research, and gather customer insights to inform product direction.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering to define and prioritize requirements, ensuring seamless execution and a robust technical foundation.
- Partner with Sales and Customer Success to understand customer needs, gather feedback, and align product roadmap with revenue objectives.
- Work with Marketing to create effective go-to-market strategies for products and ensure successful product launches.
Product Roadmap and Execution:
- Lead the product planning and prioritization process to define a comprehensive and achievable roadmap.
- Oversee the entire API product development lifecycle, from ideation and design to testing, release, and post-launch enhancements.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimize product development processes to enhance efficiency and product quality.
- Champion a customer-centric mindset throughout the organization, ensuring that product decisions are rooted in meeting customer needs and delivering value.
- Gather specific customer feedback, conduct user research, and utilize data-driven insights to inform enhancements and updates.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Build and lead a high-performing product team, providing mentorship, guidance, and professional development opportunities.Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and accountability within the product organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Proven track record of at least 8-10 years of product management experience, with a strong focus on API-first product development.
- Solid understanding of API product development methodologies, processes, and best practices.
- Experience in leading and mentoring product teams focused on solutions, driving successful product launches, and delivering customer-focused solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across departments to achieve shared objectives.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather and interpret data specific to products to inform strategic decisions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all US based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Offers vary depending on, but not limited to, relevant experience, education, certifications/licenses, skills, training, and market conditions.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. Fingerprint strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace. We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
If you are applying as a resident of California, please read our CCPA notice here
If you are applying as a resident of the EU, please read our GDPR notice here