Senior Technical Product Manager
Fingerprint empowers developers to stop online fraud at the source.
We work on turning radical new ideas in the fraud detection space into reality. Our products are developer-focused and our clients range from solo developers to publicly traded companies. We are a globally dispersed, 100% remote company with a strong open-source focus. Our flagship open source project is Fingerprint (18K stars on GitHub).
We have raised $44M and are backed by Craft Ventures (previously invested in Tesla, Facebook, Airbnb), Nexus VP (previously invested in Postman, Hasura) and Uncorrelated Ventures (previously invested in Redis, Rollbar & Gradle).
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for scaling and building our product offering.
You have a passion for building and enabling amazing experiences for customers by advancing core services and platforms and you are excited about working with a variety of stakeholders to achieve this mission. You are able to move from the big picture to technical details easily as you work through user problems with engineering partners and stakeholders. You understand how high-velocity software development teams work and how engineers think.
Team: This person will be on the dashboard POD, driving and owning the development of two products: Dashboard and Management API.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Drive roadmap formulation and represent the team to external stakeholders and cross-functional partners
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve all metric-based goals
- Understand customers' needs and their jobs to be done. Summarize those needs to shape the product roadmap, and define and improve important metrics
- Gather requirements, determine features, write product specs, refine feedback, help write test plans, manage the backlog, and ship quickly
- Communicate product updates effectively to your team and partners
- Set the product's roadmap and priorities to guarantee a product is completed on time and within scope
- Represent the team with partners and leaders to align resources and prioritization
Who you are:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering and product management
- Software Engineering with API management experience required
- Deep knowledge of modern Engineering processes
- Understanding of Cryptography and Internet Security & Privacy practices
- Experience navigating difficult situations with competing partner needs and across multiple audiences (individual contributors, managers, executives)
- Experience with customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- You will figure out solutions to hard problems with constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, strong communication skills are required
Offers vary depending on, but not limited to, relevant experience, education, certifications/licenses, skills, training, and market conditions.
Due to regulatory and security reasons, there’s a small number of countries where we cannot have Fingerprint teammates based. Additionally, because Fingerprint is an all-remote company and people can join our workforce from almost any country, we DO NOT sponsor visas. Fingerprint teammates need to be authorized to work from their home location.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. Fingerprint strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace. We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
If you are applying as a resident of California, please read our CCPA notice here
If you are applying as a resident of the EU, please read our GDPR notice here