Web Browser Security Researcher
Fingerprint empowers developers to stop online fraud at the source.
We work on turning radical new ideas in the fraud detection space into reality. Our products are developer-focused and our clients range from solo developers to publicly traded companies. We are a globally dispersed, 100% remote company with a strong open-source focus. Our flagship open-source project is FingerprintJS (20K stars on GitHub).
We have raised $77M and are backed by Craft Ventures (previously invested in Tesla, Facebook, Airbnb ), Nexus Venture Partners (previously invested in Postman, Apollo.io, MinIO, Druva) and Uncorrelated Ventures (previously invested in Redis, Rollbar & Gradle).
- Improve the performance and functionality of our core products through extensive research on innovative device identification techniques in modern web browsers.
- Document and share valuable knowledge about the web platform and its security mechanisms with the team.
- Exhibit a high level of personal ownership and autonomy, thriving in an environment where clear requirements may not always be defined.
- In-depth understanding of fundamental web platform technologies and strong knowledge of security concepts.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and navigate code in various programming languages.
- Deep understanding of web networking fundamentals
- Experience and interest in backend development (we utilize Go at Fingerprint).
- Proven track record of submitting issues to the Chromium, Firefox, or WebKit bug trackers.
As a Web Platform Researcher at Fingerprint, you will have the opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge technology and make a significant impact on our core products. We value innovation, collaboration, and personal growth, and we are excited to welcome a dynamic individual to our team.
If you possess the required qualifications and are passionate about pushing the boundaries of web platform research, we encourage you to apply.
$150,000 - $180,000
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all US based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Offers vary depending on, but not limited to, relevant experience, education, certifications/licenses, skills, training, and market conditions.
Due to regulatory and security reasons, there’s a small number of countries where we cannot have Fingerprint teammates based. Additionally, because Fingerprint is an all-remote company and people can join our workforce from almost any country, we do not sponsor visas. Fingerprint teammates need to be authorized to work from their home location.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. Fingerprint strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace. We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
If you are applying as a resident of California, please read our CCPA notice here
If you are applying as a resident of the EU, please read our GDPR notice here